Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Mike
Member #

Hey y'all I'm Mike from New Orleans! I'm doing a trip up to Talladega NF on Saturday. Just a day trip, explore some dirt roads and maybe catalogue some trails on the way out there starting around (33.1221843, -86.2013295)

Cwilli17

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Hey y'all I'm Mike from New Orleans! I'm doing a trip up to Talladega NF on Saturday. Just a day trip, explore some dirt roads and maybe catalogue some trails on the way out there starting around (33.1221843, -86.2013295)
Mike, how was your Talladega NF trip?

Did you wheel any of 600-2?

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
Tentative planning is underway for an early to mid May 2019 Georgia Traverse trip if anybody thinks they might be interested in tagging along for some or all of it. I figure that around that time the weather SHOULD be somewhat cooperative and the Forest Service will have had enough time to take care of most of the winter damage/blockages. As of now, the plan is to start on the west end near Ft. Payne and go east. Looking at roughly three to four days for the Traverse and then heading up into the Smokies for another three to five days or so before coming back home. The timeline is still fluid at this point, but I REALLY need to burn some vacation time next spring and spending the better part of two weeks in the woods sounds like a great way to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike P

Mike P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Mike
Last Name
Mike
Member #

Mike, how was your Talladega NF trip?

Did you wheel any of 600-2?
It was real good!
600-2 was dry and dusty with no blockages or wash outs. Easy navigating as well. I tried pretty hard to get lost but could seem to manage it!
600-1 has 3 particular areas about 500m from the South entrance. 2 large mud holes with 20' ruts and soupy bottoms, then it has a rocky wash out on the eastern edge of the trail.
We managed just fine with all terrains and some momentum[emoji6]

Reactions: Cwilli17

Cwilli17

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

It was real good!
600-2 was dry and dusty with no blockages or wash outs. Easy navigating as well. I tried pretty hard to get lost but could seem to manage it!
600-1 has 3 particular areas about 500m from the South entrance. 2 large mud holes with 20' ruts and soupy bottoms, then it has a rocky wash out on the eastern edge of the trail.
We managed just fine with all terrains and some momentum[emoji6]
Yeah I enjoyed the southern portion of 600-2 much more than 600-1 it was fun just to get on some elevation.

Cwilli17

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Have you done any of the little river routes?
When we went up for Labor Day weekend all we did was 600-1 and 600-2. Saw a trail that ran down a river at the TH for 600-2 but didn’t go down it. Not sure if that’s what you mean though

blt2rok

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Cool. I work in chalmette. For sure. I think we are gonna try for an overnight trip to eglin the first or second weekend of November. Our trip to Talladega was 3 days and 875 miles. Up and down 600-1,600-2 camped out on the bluff with Randall Friday night and up north by a small lake Saturday.

Mike P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Mike
Last Name
Mike
Member #

Cool. I work in chalmette. For sure. I think we are gonna try for an overnight trip to eglin the first or second weekend of November. Our trip to Talladega was 3 days and 875 miles. Up and down 600-1,600-2 camped out on the bluff with Randall Friday night and up north by a small lake Saturday.
Nice! I'm on the west bank (Gretna). We tried to camp but couldn't find any spots before nightfall and snapping a lateral rod bolt. I'm open for Nov, we're gonna hit up the renaissance festival 10th to the 11th also