Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Just got back from a trip up to the ozarks. It is an absolute must see. We had a blast

IMG_4081.JPGIMG_4044.JPGIMG_4034.JPGIMG_3887.JPGIMG_0731.JPG

Reactions: Leeaekdb

Contributor I

Central Louisiana
First Name
Bronson
Last Name
D
Hey guys. I just stumbled across this forum and would love to meet up with some of you in the future for some trips. As some of you said, there is not a lot of us in the south east US and would love to see more of us.
I am in the Central Louisiana area and wanting to get out and explore some new trails!

Cwilli17

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Any specific recommendations? Looking to head this way in the fall.
Just saw your reply sorry. I would have to say the biggest tip I could give you is, walk every crossing before you cross it and bring a chainsaw I used mine for downed trees more time than I could count.

Reactions: KarmaSeoul

Big Easy Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

LaPlace, LA, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Wingard
Member #

I'm an FNG out of LaPlace looking to learn the skills necessary to competently run the Trans America Trail with my son. It seems to me that the best way to start is to jump into some of these day/overnight trips. Right now running the wife's new 2019 4Runner Off Road. Until I get some real rubber on it though I'll be shying away from anything to muddy. I'd be interested in meeting with y'all even when I'm not available to go on trips.

Reactions: Mike P

Mike P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Mike
Member #

Hey guys. I just stumbled across this forum and would love to meet up with some of you in the future for some trips. As some of you said, there is not a lot of us in the south east US and would love to see more of us.
I am in the Central Louisiana area and wanting to get out and explore some new trails!
Rad! Welcome! Next trip if I get notice I'll let ya know!

Reactions: theoutdoorcajun

Mike P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Mike
Last Name
Mike
Member #

I'm an FNG out of LaPlace looking to learn the skills necessary to competently run the Trans America Trail with my son. It seems to me that the best way to start is to jump into some of these day/overnight trips. Right now running the wife's new 2019 4Runner Off Road. Until I get some real rubber on it though I'll be shying away from anything to muddy. I'd be interested in meeting with y'all even when I'm not available to go on trips.
Are you gonna be upgrading the wife's T4R? I've got a few places you can get out and use some of those creature comforts the T4R comes with. Let me know if I'm around we can plan some trips!

Big Easy Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

LaPlace, LA, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Wingard
Member #

Are you gonna be upgrading the wife's T4R? I've got a few places you can get out and use some of those creature comforts the T4R comes with. Let me know if I'm around we can plan some trips!
By the time we make the TAT trip the $Runner will have proper upgrades. The wife is hesitant to spend a bunch of $$ just after buying the vehicle, so for now I'll have to take it slow and keep my wheeling in line with the current configuration. That said, I'd love to plan some trips.

EDIT: LOL... I have a bad habit of hitting the shift key when i shouldn't. In this case though the result seems appropriate... $Runner seems legit. :grinning:

Mike P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Mike
Last Name
Mike
Member #

By the time we make the TAT trip the $Runner will have proper upgrades. The wife is hesitant to spend a bunch of $$ just after buying the vehicle, so for now I'll have to take it slow and keep my wheeling in line with the current configuration. That said, I'd love to plan some trips.

EDIT: LOL... I have a bad habit of hitting the shift key when i shouldn't. In this case though the result seems appropriate... $Runner seems legit. :grinning:
Yeah! Your t4r is very capable bone stock! Just don't get to overly confident! There's a few places out in Talladega N park to do so easy laid back trail runs!

24RobM

Rank III
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Wiggins, MS, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
McKinnell
Member #

Is this thread still alive? Looking to head out around desoto and looking for some fun trails.

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Well new guy here and just found this page. Opelousas is where I reside.
Opelousas, eh?
I lived there for a while (1955-1994).
3rd St., Julie St., W Vine St., Blake St., Gerald St., St, Berchman in (Westgate Sub.)
I still visit from time to time. I have lots of friends there.

Are they ever gonna repair West Vine Street?
Laughing ROFL.gif

Reactions: Leeaekdb

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
i've been down here in the swamps for the last 32 years and have been trying to find somewhere to go to get offroad a little bit and do some camping.
after a lot of research, ive put together the L.A.T. (louisiana adventure trail) and this is it...

1678567625670.png