First and foremost, if you become a participating member of our community, we expect you conduct yourself according to our Founding Principles found at the end of this document.
Website Usage Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Overland Bound’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 3736 Fallon Road, #419,Dublin, CA 94568. Our company registration number is 263741, registered in San Mateo, County, CA. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The providers (“we”, “us”, “our”) of the service provided by this web site (“Service”) are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts (“Content”). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
- You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
- All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
- You agree to not use the Service to advertise or sell product, or link to products for purchase resulting profit to you or your designates. Any business inquiries may be sent to email@example.com
- You agree to not use the Service to promote social groups outside of this community including and similar to Facebook Pages, Facebook groups or other forums.
- You agree to not use this Service to represent any entity or person other than yourself, personally.
- You agree to not use the Service registered as a group or company without the express written permission of Overland Bound (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
- You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Overland Bound’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States of America, and California.
- These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
Returns and Refunds Policy
Thank you for shopping at Overland Bound. If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help. Our products can be returned within 7 days of the original purchase of the product. Before you return a product, please make sure:
- The product was purchased in the last 7 days.
- The product is in its original packaging.
Send the product with its original packing to:
3736 Fallon Road, 419
Dublin, CA 94568
Shipping charges incurred in connection with the return of a product are refundable.
If you received a damaged product, please notify us immediately for assistance.
Sale items can be refunded.
If you have any questions about our Returns and Refunds Policy, please contact us:
By email: email@example.com
Items we ship:
All of our products are shippable. Shipping charges and exceptions may apply for international shipments.
When we ship:
Items are shipped within five days unless, a premium next day or rush option is selected. If a rush option is selected, items are shipped the day after confirmation of sale. Some items, similar to duplicate member emblems, where custom processing are required, are subject to manufacturing timelines and delays. Please contact us if you have questions about which items are subject to this delay.
WHERE we ship:
We ship to the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, APO addresses, and U.S. territories. International shipments will include necessary charges and extended delivery times.
Items are shipped via US mail, DHL, or Federal Express.
You can track your shipment vial the USPS Tracking web site after your order has been shipped.
Collection of Information
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill your specific request. This information is only used to fulfill your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to one of our mailing lists.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Privacy Contact Information
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.
These principles are what you can expect us to stand for, and we ask that you uphold these principles as a member of Overland Bound. We reserve the right to revoke membership for violation of these principles.
These are our Founding Principles:
Overlanding is vehicle dependent travel, that’s it
If you start to define it, beyond this, you are heading into “elitist” territory, which we are opposed to. When people start to define what overlanding is beyond this, they start arguing about whether you are an “overlander” or not. This is not OK, and if you do not agree to be inclusive, we are not the community for you.
It doesn’t matter what you drive
We are not a Jeep community, a Toyota community, or a Yugo community. We are a worldwide community of overlanders. We are a support network that will help each other no matter what you drive. Your vehicle must be capable and safe for what you are going to ask it to do, and our community is here to help with that.
Overlanding is for everyone
The point of a community is to include folks of various backgrounds, skill levels, and viewpoints. Smelling like caribou is not a prerequisite to be an overlander. Overland Bound also does not adhere to or discuss any political or religious viewpoint. We discuss and adhere to sound overland practices. We also do not tolerate any hate speech or activities and you will be ejected from the community for engaging in that type of activity.
A connection with nature is paramount
We believe a connection with the great outdoors is a key to living. It gives us perspective, keeps us grounded, and feeds the explorer and wanderer deep in our DNA. We are, at our core, nomads. People who ignore this act weird and often do damage to themselves and others. That was the experience of yours truly (Michael) and I established Overland Bound to raise awareness of this core issue.
Leave it better than you found it
Seriously. If you do not know what proper land use is, it is your responsibility to find out. Damaging our natural resources is irresponsible and is grounds for dismissal from this community. There are 50% more people on the planet today than in 1950. “Keep it secret, keep it safe” is not sustainable, and does not address the core issue, which is education. If you want to keep your places “secret”, you are not aware of the realities of the modern world. It’s too late. We must care for nature as more and more people turn to the great outdoors as a healthy reaction to a “civilized” modern world. Our natural environment is the key to survival. Preserve it. Educate.
Safety First. The trip defines the requirements. Be aware of the requirements of any journey and prepare. We prefer epic tales of adventure without the tragedy and keep the rubber side down. It’s your responsibility as an individual, pilot, and navigator to not damage yourself or others through poor decision making. Take your time. Evaluate. When in doubt, get out.
Don’t over pack
In moderate climate, you can venture into the outdoors with water and bit of food for days. You will live. Build from there. This also minimizes the impact to the environment.
Be nice, and help each other
That’s what community is all about. It takes a village. When traveling the world, or off grid, human kindness is an asset and valuable tool that could mean survival. Take it seriously. No one benefits from ridicule. Don’t do it. Help or inform instead. Treat people kindly, and never build yourself up by tearing others down.
No barriers to information
We don’t own information any more than we own the great outdoors. No one has a patent on what it takes to survive. Share information freely and openly. We make better humans that way. This includes trip locations and destinations. We will continue to provide information for free, including information others may charge for. Sorry others.
Humility is essential
It also has the nice side benefit of keeping you out of trouble and making you less of a A-hole. No one has all the answers and we all started somewhere. Ask questions, and provide information to those less informed, who are trying to learn.
Engage in the smallest of interactions
That is what counts. It’s the small things that truly matter. A helping hand. A genuine question. A smile. Taking the time to engage with those around you without distraction. Extend this attention to all people equally.
Being grounded creates joy for you and the ones you encounter. That’s the whole point.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Overland Bound, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, successors and assigns (“Overland Bound Parties”) from any and all third party claims, liability, damages, costs or demands, including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees, arising from (i) your use of the Service, including, but not limited to, all content therein and any products or services obtained by you through the Service, (ii) the violation of these Terms of Service by you, (iii) the infringement by you (or other user of the Service using your account) of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity; or (iv) your violation of any applicable law or regulation (all of the foregoing, “Claims and Losses”). You agree to cooperate as required by Overland Bound Parties in the defense of any Claims and Losses. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Overland Bound Parties retain the exclusive right to settle, compromise and pay any and all Claims and Losses, and reserve the right to assume the defense and control of any Claims and Losses.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. OVERLAND BOUND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICE, OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED IN THE SERVICE. OVERLAND BOUND MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE. OVERLAND BOUND MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT OVERLAND BOUND DOES NOT CONTROL CONTENT, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, THIRD PARTIES OR OTHER USERS ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY LICENSE TO OVERLAND BOUND FROM THIRD PARTIES OR MATERIALS PROVIDED BY OTHER USERS. OVERLAND BOUND ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION AS TO THE ACCURACY, CURRENCY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, USEFULNESS OR DECENCY OF THE SERVICE, OR CONTENT OR PRODUCTS DISTRIBUTED OR MADE AVAILABLE BY THIRD PARTIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ADVERTISERS AND USERS) THROUGH THE SERVICE. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR DEVICE, OR LOSS OF DATA, THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR ATTEMPT TO DOWNLOAD ANY MATERIAL FROM THE SERVICE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT OVERLAND BOUND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLES, EVEN IF OVERLAND BOUND HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM THE (I) USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (II) COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES; (III) ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR CONTENT RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO WITH OVERLAND BOUND OR A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE; (IV) INACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICE OR RELIANCE ON SUCH INFORMATION; OR (V) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNT OR ALTERATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT OR DATA. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT OVERLAND BOUND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY UNLAWFUL, HARASSING, DEFAMATORY, ABUSIVE, THREATENING, HARMFUL, VULGAR, OBSCENE, SEXUALLY EXPLICIT OR OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE CONDUCT OR SPEECH OF ANY OTHER PARTY ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, OR FOR ANY INFRINGEMENT OR VIOLATION OF YOUR RIGHTS BY ANY OTHER PARTY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY, OR RIGHTS OF PRIVACY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THEREFORE SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL OVERLAND BOUND’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU, FOR ALL POSSIBLE DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, EXCEED AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE GREATER OF (I) THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID OVERLAND BOUND IN CONNECTION WITH THE TRANSACTION(S) THAT UNDERLIE THE CLAIM(S), OR (II) ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).