Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Hey everyone. I live in Baton Rouge. I have done some week long trips through Texas and through Tennessee. But I’ve been interested in doing some shorter over nighters around this area. I have spent a good bit of time in the homochitto forest and know it pretty well. I’d love to do some group rides in the desoto area or kisachie if anyone is interested.
We have a big ride planned for this Sunday through Desoto. You are more than welcome to come if you are free.

Search salient coast overland on FB I have made an event in that group.

SiBorg

Rank 0

Contributor I

Slidell, Louisiana
First Name
Silas
Last Name
Stoddard
Hello to all the Gulf Shore OB's. My name is Silas. AKA SiBorg. I just joined the site. Located in Slidell, La. I'm looking for my next rig for adventure. Just sold my Westfalia vanagon. I look forward to meeting everyone in the future...

Cwilli17

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Hello to all the Gulf Shore OB's. My name is Silas. AKA SiBorg. I just joined the site. Located in Slidell, La. I'm looking for my next rig for adventure. Just sold my Westfalia vanagon. I look forward to meeting everyone in the future...
I grew up in pearl river LA 5 minutes from you.

Reactions: SiBorg

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I'm in NW Florida but would love to meet up with you guys anytime you plan an event on the Eastern side of your area of the Gulfcoast!

Reactions: Leeaekdb

Cwilli17

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Hey all I’m from Richland ms just south of Jackson. New to the site. I have a 2000 Toyota 4Runner limited 4x4 just had a spark of interest in Overlanding. Any tips for a newbie.View attachment 102754View attachment 102754
I always felt when I first started off doing this sort of thing that I needed a ton of gear and that I needed to spend all this money on fancy tents and all that. My tip for you would be to take what you have and go out and explore Bienville NF right next to you. Figure out what makes it easiest for you to get out and camp or ride and work towards getting out there (to the enjoyment) more. If it is cumbersome you will tend to avoid going. Rambling over. Just keep it simple.

If you have any questions about routes or need help figuring out where to go give me a shout and I’ll help you figure it out.

Tannerbob09

Rank 0

Contributor I

Richland, MS, USA
First Name
Tanner
Last Name
Austin
I always felt when I first started off doing this sort of thing that I needed a ton of gear and that I needed to spend all this money on fancy tents and all that. My tip for you would be to take what you have and go out and explore Bienville NF right next to you. Figure out what makes it easiest for you to get out and camp or ride and work towards getting out there (to the enjoyment) more. If it is cumbersome you will tend to avoid going. Rambling over. Just keep it simple.

If you have any questions about routes or need help figuring out where to go give me a shout and I’ll help you figure it out.
Awesome thanks for the tip. Just had a wild hair to get out and explore.