Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

What trail(s) are yall on in these pictures? I'd like to check that out this weekend
I finally got it to work. Most of those were in Desoto NF just south of camp Shelby, all the sand stuff is on private land.

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

I finally got it to work. Most of those were in Desoto NF just south of camp Shelby, all the sand stuff is on private land.
Ah darn, that sand looked like it would be fun to try to traverse. Right now it's just my Jeep GC and my fiance going, so I probably shouldn't be looking for stuff to get stuck in since I don't have a winch yet

Reactions: Cwilli17

Cwilli17

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Ah darn, that sand looked like it would be fun to try to traverse. Right now it's just my Jeep GC and my fiance going, so I probably shouldn't be looking for stuff to get stuck in since I don't have a winch yet
that pipeline was gnarly too haha we got the 4runner and sequoia stuck there. if you give me your email ill send you the track we did, but it is 75 miles haha

Reactions: PicNick

Premo

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

My name is Chris. I live in Hattiesburg MS, and it didn’t take me long to find that there is not a whole lot of us here in the Gulf South. I’ve done quite a bit of looking on OB and there doesn’t appear to be a thread dedicated to the Gulf South so I decided to make one!

This thread is dedicated to bringing OB members in the Gulf South together, this is a place for new member introductions in our area, information on trails, meets, and rides, pictures of your rig, maps, general discussions, adventures, etc.

Like I said there aren’t that many of us yet so if you are from the Gulf South “sub” this thread so we can keep it alive!

Hello from south Louisiana

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

Headed back to the good Ole Sipp from Talladega NF camped for two days and wheeled a bit. It was a great trip, and beautiful land.
I'm putting that one on the must-go-to list!

Last edited:

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

It was an awesome trip! We camped on the side of a cliff haha
Nice! If you ever get to wanting to do some backpacking, the Backbone Trail in Kisatchie has a couple of cliffs off of the beaten path that I like to camp off of

Reactions: Cwilli17

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

Camp Shelby I’m from quitman nothing but an hour away is it 2wd friendly lol?
As long as you're smart about the line you take on some of those spur trails, I wouldn't worry too much about being 2wd. The main Forest Service roads are pretty well maintained. I saw a Nissan Versa driving through the main service road 332, so I'm sure you'll be fine

Reactions: Kendallj

Bayou Dan

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sulphur, LA
Member #

I'm new to this club and obviously this is my first post. Live in Sulphur, Lousiana just west of Lake Charles where there is only marsh. Know guys in LC who rock crawl Sicily Island in central La, and I'm sure Kisatchie would be ok. Only five hour drive to Austin area but if y'all do anything on the eastside of the state or even Ms/Al just let me know. Like to camp, ride, and with college football starting, will be going to some games which includes tailgating. Take care.

Reactions: Mike P

Premo

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

I'm new to this club and obviously this is my first post. Live in Sulphur, Lousiana just west of Lake Charles where there is only marsh. Know guys in LC who rock crawl Sicily Island in central La, and I'm sure Kisatchie would be ok. Only five hour drive to Austin area but if y'all do anything on the eastside of the state or even Ms/Al just let me know. Like to camp, ride, and with college football starting, will be going to some games which includes tailgating. Take care.
Hello from Lafayette. I have the same interests
May go up to,Arkansas in spring