Jdmtunerguy

Rank 0

Contributor I

San diego
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Stamper
No burn areas on the trail, but you have views of the burn. Driving on the highway between Lake Hemet and Mountain Center takes you through the burn, and from Mountain Center to Idyllwild is through the burn too.
A stock truck will be fine,as would a Subaru or something similar. It’s an easy trail, but there are some great views, so it’s definitely worth the trip.
I have a stock 2019 Acura rdx a spec SH-Awd. Could it handle this trail?
Would love to try and join..novice here!

Reactions: Jacob Cline

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

Sorry ready the date wrong..is the trail able to be done myself- do you share the map?
It was an easy trail when we did it, but I haven’t been up there since the big rains in February. The highway was washed out, and is still being worked on, and only open a few hours a day with a pilot car. So you can’t even get to the start of the trail. They say the highway will be repaired in a month or so, and then I’ll be able to check out the trails.

Jdmtunerguy

Rank 0

Contributor I

San diego
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Stamper
It was an easy trail when we did it, but I haven’t been up there since the big rains in February. The highway was washed out, and is still being worked on, and only open a few hours a day with a pilot car. So you can’t even get to the start of the trail. They say the highway will be repaired in a month or so, and then I’ll be able to check out the trails.
Awesome...curious to hear about it!

DannyR53

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Upland, CA, USA
Member #

Had a great time with you guys on the trails. I would of camped out if I didnt have my daughter with me. Looks like you guys had a sweet camp site. I'm looking to going back in two weeks.

Reactions: Jacob Cline