Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

My first meet of many to come, had a great time. Thank you everyone for your hospitality. I'm looking forward to getting to know ya'll better... on the trail!

My buddy Aaron (not a member yet) had a great time as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Time4Dirt

cA12Lo

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Edwards, California
Member #

Hey all, I'm out in Lancaster but am not seeing a whole lot going on out here and am itching to meet up with some fellow adventurers. I'm heading up to the Owens Valley this weekend but could probably swing by and meet and greet with some of you...and discuss the upcoming Monache trip. I've always wanted to go to Monache Meadows and recently bought a RAM 1500 but was always told that that trail was a tight one for a full size truck. Looking forward to details and fellowship. Just called off on the 22nd through the 25, so...
I'm stationed at Edwards right now, and you're right there is close to nothing as far as overlanding activities is concern in our area. I've been going to most of my trips on my own, but I recently joined up w/ the OB group on the way to the Expo last month so I got to meet a bunch of people from the community and met the founders as well.

WrightRunner

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

MONUMENT RANCH PERRIS CA 92570
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Hey Dom I'm going to head up to Monache Meadows today Thursday 6-21-18. The job I was on today got shut down so I'm going to take advantage of it . hitting the road at 4:00 ish. call me if you want. see you guys up there. I'll look for a good spot!

CRICKET

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

QUARTZ HILL, CA
Member #

I'm stationed at Edwards right now, and you're right there is close to nothing as far as overlanding activities is concern in our area. I've been going to most of my trips on my own, but I recently joined up w/ the OB group on the way to the Expo last month so I got to meet a bunch of people from the community and met the founders as well.
I'm pretty much in the same boat. Just got back from Markleeville this past weekend and was going to go to Monache Meadows this weekend but my plans have changed. But Markleeville, even though its a 6hr drive is bitchin' country nonetheless. We should meet up and head for some trails.20180615_155624.jpg 20181008_081131.jpg 20181009_063121.jpg

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Hello Everyone,

This months July 21st run is to Burns Canyon Road (Pioneertown), yet I think it all depend on the Valley Fire.

I was stuck up there this past weekend with 3oo kids, we where prepared for evacuation. As of now the fire is 24% containment. We should be okay, yet part of the 38 is still closed as of today. If the 38 is closed we will have to take the long way around to get to the trail head.

I'll keep checking and keep everyone posted.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Hello Everyone,

This months July 21st run is to Burns Canyon Road (Pioneertown), yet I think it all depend on the Valley Fire.

I was stuck up there this past weekend with 3oo kids, we where prepared for evacuation. As of now the fire is 24% containment. We should be okay, yet part of the 38 is still closed as of today. If the 38 is closed we will have to take the long way around to get to the trail head.

I'll keep checking and keep everyone posted.
Hi Dominic, I did that run a few weeks ago, it was great. Would love to go with the group, count me in.

Dominic OB0158

Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Hi Dominic, I did that run a few weeks ago, it was great. Would love to go with the group, count me in.
Sweet....I'll have the meetup location soon. Where are you located?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
The Sierra Foothills Overlanders is sponsoring a FB live event Tuesday July 17 with Land Use Advocate Del Albright and OLB Founders Michael and Corrie Murguia.
If you have time check it out, this is probably the biggest issue with off road use today, we need to be part of the solution rather than the problem.

Reactions: T-88 and Ncat

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

I’m a relatively new member of the group, and this sounds like a great first run. I’m having a bit of trouble with the rally point though, is this a run from Big Bear down to Pioneertown? Looking forward to meeting some Overland Bound people!

Reactions: T-88

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
Sweet....I'll have the meetup location soon. Where are you located?
Hey Dom:
Why don't we meet up at the Angelus Oaks Café on the 38? We could meet up at about 8:00-8:30 and leave there by 9:00.
What do you think? We could also have breakfast there if we get there early, 7:00 A.M.

Reactions: T-88

T-88

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

CORONA
First Name
VINCENT
Last Name
T-88
Member #

Hey Dom:
Why don't we meet up at the Angelus Oaks Café on the 38? We could meet up at about 8:00-8:30 and leave there by 9:00.
What do you think? We could also have breakfast there if we get there early, 7:00 A.M.
Hey Dom, have not been seeing any meetups for I.E.
Ov. Will there be a meet up this Sat?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: T4D ADV

Auspicious Osprey

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Anaheim, California
Member #

I will be making the run that day but I will likely miss your start time. I'll be in BB doing some yard maintenance before rolling out. Maybe I can catch you guys on simplex en route. Is anyone on a HAM?

Got to get to Papi' for some BBQ!

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
I talked to Dom earlier today and this is what we decided to do for this Saturdays trail ride.

We all will meet up at the Angeles Oaks Café on highway 38, at 8:00-8:30 A.M.
We will leave there by 9:00 A.M. and head north toward Big Bear. Then take the Broom Flat trail (2N01) and start down the east side of the mountain. Then turn onto Burns Canyon trail (2N02) and head toward Pioneer Town where we will stop at Pappy and Harriot's for a BBQ lunch. From there it is up to each which way they go.

So, let us know if you are going to go on this trail run by replying here.

See you Saturday.

Dominic OB0158

Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Hello Everyone, this Saturday's Meet-Up for July 21 is on!

We will be meeting at The Country Store at 37686 State Hwy 38 Angelus Oaks, CA 92305 at 8:00am.

Heading out on the trail around 9:00 or so. This will give everyone time for breakfast if you like. There are a few trailheads we can take (2N01 - Broom Flat) to get to 2N02 Burns Canyon as we head towards Pioneertown. We can also head over to Baldwin Lake and start at the beginning of the trail. Let's decide Saturday morning. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. Starting from Baldwin Lake to Pioneertown will take about 4 or so.

See everyone soon.

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 9.32.00 PM.png

Reactions: Kent R

Dominic OB0158

Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Yes what's up?

Sent from my SM-N910V using OB Talk mobile app
There is a meet up this Saturday....
We will be meeting at The Country Store at 37686 State Hwy 38 Angelus Oaks, CA 92305 at 8:00am. Heading out on the trail around 9:00 or so. This will give everyone time for breakfast if you like. There are a few trailheads we can take (2N01 - Broom Flat) to get to 2N02 Burns Canyon as we head towards Pioneertown. We can also head over to Baldwin Lake and start at the beginning of the trail. Let's decide Saturday morning. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. Starting from Baldwin Lake to Pioneertown will take about 4 or so.

Dominic OB0158

Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Hey Dom, have not been seeing any meetups for I.E.
Ov. Will there be a meet up this Sat?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using OB Talk mobile app
No sure why your not seeing the meetups...yet we are meeting up this Saturday.
We will be meeting at The Country Store at 37686 State Hwy 38 Angelus Oaks, CA 92305 at 8:00am.

Heading out on the trail around 9:00 or so. This will give everyone time for breakfast if you like. There are a few trailheads we can take (2N01 - Broom Flat) to get to 2N02 Burns Canyon as we head towards Pioneertown. We can also head over to Baldwin Lake and start at the beginning of the trail. Let's decide Saturday morning. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. Starting from Baldwin Lake to Pioneertown will take about 4 or so.

Looking forward to see you guys.