First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

UPDATE FOR TRIP ON SUNDAY FEB. 18TH

meeting coordinates: 31°14'53"N 89°16'46"W

meeting time: 0800 hrs rolling out at 0820 hrs

this is a friendly trail ride through the areas surrounding camp Shelby.
it shouldn't require any specific equipment and should be relatively laid back, we currently have 5-6 trucks attending. All are welcome!

chimay

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Central MS
Member #

Good to see another MS person. I'm near Jackson and mostly run around north of Jackson. Ebeneezer, Winona, etc., been out around Natchez to Prospect Hill, Windsor Ruins, Rodney. I try to avoid playing in mud too much, but I'd like to get out some down in that area of the state. Tag me next time you're planning something and we'll see if the scheduling can work out.

Reactions: Cwilli17

Cwilli17

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Good to see another MS person. I'm near Jackson and mostly run around north of Jackson. Ebeneezer, Winona, etc., been out around Natchez to Prospect Hill, Windsor Ruins, Rodney. I try to avoid playing in mud too much, but I'd like to get out some down in that area of the state. Tag me next time you're planning something and we'll see if the scheduling can work out.
Yeah that last trip was a bit muddier than we intended.

Reactions: chimay

Cwilli17

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Planning another trip in Desoto National Forest on March 11th.
more info to come. if interested let me know, as usual all are welcome!

Reactions: G.C. Gordon

chimay

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Central MS
Member #

What time are you thinking? Looks like there's nothing on the schedule for Saturday so I may be able to swing this.

Cwilli17

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

What time are you thinking? Looks like there's nothing on the schedule for Saturday so I may be able to swing this.
we generally meet up around 0800 or so I havent really even nailed down where exactly in Desoto we are going yet. I need to get looking at some maps. this would be on Sunday march 11th.

chimay

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Central MS
Member #

we generally meet up around 0800 or so I havent really even nailed down where exactly in Desoto we are going yet. I need to get looking at some maps. this would be on Sunday march 11th.
It helps if I read a calendar correctly I suppose.

Cwilli17

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

i might consider heading out saturday night and camping, but i work on saturdays so i wouldnt be out till right at or after dark.

Cwilli17

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

UPDATE FOR TRIP ON SUNDAY MARCH 11TH

Meeting coordinates: 31º07075, -89º20981

Meeting time: 0800 rolling out 0830

This is a friendly trail ride out to Deadmans hill and back. should take a couple hours and be fairly easy. I have not run this route before so we will all be exploring. as usual all are welcome!

Davidt443

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Hammond, LA
Member #

Finally met up with a fellow OB member, Ethan #11585 for a trail ride! It was a nice day for it. Here are some pics.

Any of y'all want to Meetup this coming week or the next? I plan on towing my camper up to Wiggins camp ground or Paul b Johnson campground and would love to do some Wheeling on these trails.

My number is 985-507-4072.

Cwilli17

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Any of y'all want to Meetup this coming week or the next? I plan on towing my camper up to Wiggins camp ground or Paul b Johnson campground and would love to do some Wheeling on these trails.

My number is 985-507-4072.
I think we might be planning a camping trip at Cypress creek landing in Brooklyn next weekend. That’s in between Paul B and Wiggins.

Ethan Hokanson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lucedale, Mississippi
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Hokanson
Member #

The dates are set for a weekend camping trip. The location is Cypress Creek Landing Recreation Area. The coordinates are (30.96556, -89.00518) April 14-15th. My group will be heading there earlier Saturday before 12:00 noon to setup camp. Everyone’s welcome!

Cwilli17

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Next week works for us. Any idea of a day yet?
my wife and I will be headed down to meet with Ethan after I get off work on Saturday evening. I'm not 100% sure they have hook-ups for the camper at cypress creek, so you might want to check that out on the forestry's website. We would love to get a good size group together though! hope you can make it!