Influencer II

Concord, California, United States
First Name
Barron
Last Name
Flanders
Member #

Knoxville OHV.JPG Hello everyone-
I am planning another day trip this month with some friends but this time to Knoxville OHV park. Its between Lake Berryesa and Clear Lake. None of us have been there before so we wanted to check it out for ourselves and open it up to a group. I've heard its not the most technical terrain but hey you cant judge it until you see it. In the event that we cover all of the park before we run out of time we may do a class on winching. I didn't know this until recently but a lot more goes into it than hooking up and pulling out so I'm excited to learn more. My friend Brenton has been helping me plan the trip and has made some routes on Google Earth. He is a very experienced Overlander and Adventurer. He will be teaching the winching portion of the trip. Our very own David (#OB0001) will be joining as well. So if you missed out on the Alabama Hills trip or even if you did go and didn't get your fix join us.

we will be going on April 24. So far we haven't locked down a time or a place to meet but this will just be a day trip. I'm not sure if you can camp there but I have the next day off and just may stay the night.

Requirements:
  • Good tires
  • full size spare with tools to replace tire
  • Food
    • Breakfast, Lunch, Water, Snacks
  • Good recovery points
  • Tread Lightly attitude
Please post if you want to come.
Meeting time and place coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kelly and stoney126

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Thanks Bear!

Hi everyone. Don't be intimidated by the Rover's that will be out on this trip, we want to see a variety of makes and models on the trail with us.

If you want training to safely use your winch or have questions about its operation, I'll be going over those and some rigging techniques. This clinic won't be a super intensive, multi-hour affair. It'll probably be 45-60 minutes where I'll be going over the basic parts of a winch, hand signals, other equipment needed (tree savers, pulley blocks, etc.) and hand signals. There's a lot more to winching that that, so if you have other questions, please feel free to ask.

Hope to see you on the trail:)

-B

Reactions: stoney126

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Count me in. @Northern_XS
Ive been there once when I first bought my jeep. I went on the south side which is why I probably didnt see much. Looking forward to this

Reactions: WCO_Ryan

WCO_Ryan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

this is my backyard! been up there many many times. ill have to run it by the wife but im pretty sure im free that weekend.

Reactions: stoney126

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

I've been wanting to go here as its in my backyard, but I'm volunteering an event that day. Let me know when the next one is.

Last edited:
Reactions: WCO_Ryan

BEAR

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Concord, California, United States
First Name
Barron
Last Name
Flanders
Member #

Okay so the meeting spot for everyone in the Bay area will be
190 Pittman Rd
Fairfield CA 94534

at 0800. the address is for a Burger King. There is a Gas station across the street but this shouldn't be our last fuel stop.

If you don't want to back track we will meet at the southern gate at 10 am.

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Looks like a fun trip! Mark me down as tentative. I will have to check my schedule to see if I can make it.

WCO_Ryan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

I will plan on just meeting you guys in Knoxville. How long do you think it will take you to there? Are you planning on coming in on the north or south entrance?

Last edited:
Reactions: BEAR