Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

The turnout is looking good for Sunday:) A friend of mine will be joining us in his GMC. His Rover is still down for repairs.

I've made a gpx file of potential trails to explore and attached it to this post. Some could be single track so we'll just see what we come across. Also, here are some YouTube vids of the trail. They're 4 years old, but maybe time and the rains have made the trails a little more interesting. See you at 10:00am Sunday morning!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-Yl_VR9oyo

Attachments

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Will S. at BMC? Is he coming out? At one point he was interested, but haven't heard anything recently.
Yeah.
Black Range Rover 98 or 99. He just got it running and has been wanting to go wheel like every weekend.

Reactions: WCO_Ryan

WCO_Ryan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

I think stoney and a few of us might go up Saturday evening and camp there. If anyone else is interested let me know.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Ok, time to start getting things firmed up for Sunday. Here's the list of people interested from this thread and other LR friends. If I'm missing anyone, please let me know.

@Northern_XS - 00 LX470, 275/75/18 KO2's, Stock, CB
@stoney126 - 14 rubicon stock, CB, recovery strap, Dashingly good looks
@shoredreamer - HAM & CB, 93' Land Cruiser 80, 3x locked, air, tools, parts, recovery points F &R, 3 shackles, tree strap, snatch strap, tow strap, shovel, traction boards, 48" hi-lift, 10k winch
@Mike G - 4Runner
@bear - LR3, HAM, recovery points F & R, recovery strap, shackles
@Disco2Guy - Discovery 2, HAM & CB, recovery points F &R, winch, 25' extension, recovery & tree strap, Hi-Lift w/ Lift Mate, snatch block
Pedram - GMC
Will - Range Rover
David - LR4

I will be coming up with the last three people on the list. Bear will meet at the North Gate, and it sounds like the rest will have camped Saturday night.

Once we are all there and have done initial introductions, we'll have a short driver's meeting to go over some basic convoy rules and figure out the vehicle order. I will take Trail Lead in the morning, with Bear acting as Tail-gunner. In the afternoon we'll switch positions.

Vehicle Info

Please post the following:

Basic vehicle info
Recovery points (front and rear)
Recovery equipment you intend to carry
Radio communication (CB, HAM, FRS)

I have a HAM unit in the truck and an HT that someone can use to monitor (only) the trail comms. I have a CB too. Bear also has HAM so we'll be able to easily communicate if the group gets spread out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crispy

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
93' Land Cruiser 80, 285s, 3x locked, air, tools, parts

Front and rear recovery points

3 shackles, tree strap, snatch strap, tow strap, shovel, traction boards, 48" hi-lift, 10k winch

HAM and CB

Reactions: 4xFar Adventures