Long Beach, CA 90815, USA
First Name
Sasha
Last Name
Kanno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BZX
Those are great radios and I have the same. See the posting below your first one to see answer to getting echolink set up. There is also a boot camp article on it. Welcome to the hobby, see you on the Friday Night Forum.

Brent KJ7BHN
Can you post the link to the article on how to set up Echolink?

Reactions: ❤️Lovey❤️

Sarge368

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Darby, MT
First Name
John
Last Name
Branham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7ECC
I got lots of props. Thanks to terryd
@Brentc17 Do you know if the Capital Peak Repeater could/would run the echo link for this net? I have Echolink on my phone and have tried to participate on the net once or twice but it is pretty cumbersome. It would be great to participate using the radio. If not the Capital Peak are you aware of any others in the area that might? I am not far from you. Thanks.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Can you post the link to the article on how to set up Echolink?
Does this help? (Though it is Android, looking at the images on Itunes they look quite similar.)

Reactions: whiskey7backroads

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Do you have a link for an iPhone app?

Reactions: whiskey7backroads

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
@Brentc17 Do you know if the Capital Peak Repeater could/would run the echo link for this net? I have Echolink on my phone and have tried to participate on the net once or twice but it is pretty cumbersome. It would be great to participate using the radio. If not the Capital Peak are you aware of any others in the area that might? I am not far from you. Thanks.
Yes, they are ok with it. I talked to the vice president about it (Jeremy). My hesitation has been that its 5:30 our time and that is when the locals use it the most. Are you a member of the Capital Peak Repeater? I am and have the codes but you need to be a member to do it. Any repeater listed on Echolink will be able to do it, just need to find one that doesn't get much use. I know there is one in Seattle but haven't looked at any others. I am headed back tomorrow from AZ so will look into it more when I get back. If you find something that works let me know.

Sarge368

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Darby, MT
First Name
John
Last Name
Branham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7ECC
Yes, they are ok with it. I talked to the vice president about it (Jeremy). My hesitation has been that its 5:30 our time and that is when the locals use it the most. Are you a member of the Capital Peak Repeater? I am and have the codes but you need to be a member to do it. Any repeater listed on Echolink will be able to do it, just need to find one that doesn't get much use. I know there is one in Seattle but haven't looked at any others. I am headed back tomorrow from AZ so will look into it more when I get back. If you find something that works let me know.
Thank you for checking on that. I have been a member in the past but let it lapse as I was not using my radio much. It is well worth the price though as they seem to take really good care of their equipment and their coverage is phenomenal. If Jeremy doesn't mind it being linked for this it might be useful in making more locals aware of OB.

Curt_JK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

666 Florin Road, Sacramento 95831
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QMH
If you can do a search you might try typing in USA-GNG or just GNG, that works on the app anyway...
Thanks for the tip. It appears the node number is not used in my Echolink client, you need the "name" as you mentioned. Also, I was able to connect via an existing user/node as described here Echolink Post

Reactions: Prerunner1982

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
I just got my HAM license this past Wednesday. I was directed here to checkout the Net by K7XPO(Brien). I'm all setup on EchoLink and I'm hoping to join tonight!
Welcome. Probably won't be able to get online tonight. I just moved to Park City, UT and I am moving into my apartment tonight, but hope to hear from you next week.

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
Good Friday evening to everyone and sorry for the late update. It’s been a busy day for me. Tonight’s topic for the net is SDR radio.
Hope to hear you on tonight. 1730 PDT/2030 EDT. 73!

Reactions: Jeffrey Dill

12poundtest

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Edmonds WA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Sershon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7PHY
Good evening everybody. Thank you to everyone who could join the net tonight.
Despite network issues with Echolink we had a really interesting discussion on Software Defined Radio. My notes do not do justice to our discussion so I'll leave it to the group to decide if we should bring this topic up again when internet propagation is better.

Check-in's tonight:
K5TIN Shane - Net Control
N7PHY Ed - Backup Net Control
AB5JK Jimi
N9SAL David
W4FOZ Jeff
WD6TED Ted
WX5SKY Jon
KF4YLM Josh (VA repeater owner)
W8ILL Ole Man Will (Grits n Gravy Host)
KD5BUC Hugo (1st time check-in!)
VK2DY Robert (Australia)
WA4LPR Dennis
KN4E?? - Couldn't quite pull you in, very sorry.

Hope to catch everyone next Friday.
Best of luck to Field Day participants this weekend!
73 - N7PHY - Ed