Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Bummed out...got to the summit of the Cajon Pass and noticed some smoke coming from the rear. Pulled off the road and the there was fluid on the rear diff and axle. Instead of pressing my luck driving home and causing more damage...AAA premier came in handy and gave us a ride back. Well after finding the source of the leak it turns out not to be all that bad...the front diff breather hose came lose and dropped down on to the front drive shaft creating a gaping hole that was syphoning diff fluid out and coating everything back. The smoke was from it burning off the exhaust. Headed to the auto store to get a new hose and get her all good as new again. Hope you all had a good time out on the trail today...I will catch the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I had a blast. Great run fun people.
Run statistics: 0 flats, 0 rollovers, 1.5 getting lost, 0 injury's, 0 Alien abductions.
Not bad and we ended around 5pm.
Cant wait till next one.

Scott

T-88

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

CORONA
First Name
VINCENT
Last Name
T-88
Member #

GABRIEL AND I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FOR THIS TRIP-HE HAD A GREAT TIME AND MADE SOME NEW FRIENDS(ARRON & DOMINIC) THANK YOU GOR MAKING US WELCOMED(ALSO NIGHT CRAWLER ) GLAD YOU GOT YOUR RIG FIXED! WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEX TRIP[emoji592]

Sent from my XT1254 using OB Talk mobile app

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
Hey everyone, attached is a GPX file of our trip. Shows where we went.
And here are some statistics of our route:
Ascent: 2336 ft.
Avg. Speed: 11.6 mph
Avg. Moving Speed: 20.6 mph
Max. Speed: 64.7 mph
Distance: 89.54 mi.
Max. Altitude: 3302 ft.
Min. Altitude: 1961 ft.
Avg. Pace: 5:09 min/mi.
Avg. Moving Pace: 2:55 min/mi.
Moving Time: 4:21:15
Stopped Time: 3:20:08
Total Time: 7:41:24

DSC02920.jpg DSC02930.jpg

Attachments

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Bummed out...got to the summit of the Cajon Pass and noticed some smoke coming from the rear. Pulled off the road and the there was fluid on the rear diff and axle. Instead of pressing my luck driving home and causing more damage...AAA premier came in handy and gave us a ride back. Well after finding the source of the leak it turns out not to be all that bad...the front diff breather hose came lose and dropped down on to the front drive shaft creating a gaping hole that was syphoning diff fluid out and coating everything back. The smoke was from it burning off the exhaust. Headed to the auto store to get a new hose and get her all good as new again. Hope you all had a good time out on the trail today...I will catch the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Next time bro....

Reactions: NightCrawler

Dominic OB0158

Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Hey everyone, attached is a GPX file of our trip. Shows where we went.
And here are some statistics of our route:
Ascent: 2336 ft.
Avg. Speed: 11.6 mph
Avg. Moving Speed: 20.6 mph
Max. Speed: 64.7 mph
Distance: 89.54 mi.
Max. Altitude: 3302 ft.
Min. Altitude: 1961 ft.
Avg. Pace: 5:09 min/mi.
Avg. Moving Pace: 2:55 min/mi.
Moving Time: 4:21:15
Stopped Time: 3:20:08
Total Time: 7:41:24

View attachment 45671 View attachment 45672
Great pic Cliff....

Dominic OB0158

Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

GABRIEL AND I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FOR THIS TRIP-HE HAD A GREAT TIME AND MADE SOME NEW FRIENDS(ARRON & DOMINIC) THANK YOU GOR MAKING US WELCOMED(ALSO NIGHT CRAWLER ) GLAD YOU GOT YOUR RIG FIXED! WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEX TRIP[emoji592]

Sent from my XT1254 using OB Talk mobile app
Amen Bro...all is good.

Reactions: T-88

Dominic OB0158

Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Hi my friends here is a recap of our day on the trail. Not my best work...first time using an iPhone to film everything. I did get a little drone footage, yet the wind was kinda crazy. Enjoy.
I had a great time getting to know everyone...looking forward to future meetups. Have blessed and wonderful couple of weeks until then. Peace.

ajemayer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Corona, CA
Member #

Hi my friends here is a recap of our day on the trail. Not my best work...first time using an iPhone to film everything. I did get a little drone footage, yet the wind was kinda crazy. Enjoy.
I had a great time getting to know everyone...looking forward to future meetups. Have blessed and wonderful couple of weeks until then. Peace.
Great video. Here's a few random photos I took. See you all on the next one.LRM_EXPORT_20180120_204116.jpgLRM_EXPORT_20180120_204545.jpgLRM_EXPORT_20180120_205904.jpgLRM_EXPORT_20180120_203517.jpgLRM_EXPORT_20180120_205604.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using OB Talk mobile app

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
OK my friends, I finished my video of our trip. It is a bit long at 32 minutes, but, we spent over seven hours on the trail. Hope you like it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mvonGIxt7mA?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>