Yuma, AZ, USA
First Name
Marlin
Last Name
Lawrenson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K17WRA
Unitas would be awesome. I don't know the area that well but I would be willing to meet for a day trip or a weekend anytime.

Reactions: Russell Peters

Vantams

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Plain City, Utah
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Tams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7UFV
Hey team, how did the meet and greet go? Unfortunately I was not able to make it, fortunately I was out in the Uintahs enjoying the North Slope with my brothers!

Are there any details for future meetups or trips that can be shared? I look forward to marking off some calendar dates for an OB trip!

Thanks for all those who organized it!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gregmyer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hey team, how did the meet and greet go? Unfortunately I was not able to make it, fortunately I was out in the Uintahs enjoying the North Slope with my brothers!

Are there any details for future meetups or trips that can be shared? I look forward to marking off some calendar dates for an OB trip!

Thanks for all those who organized it!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
where was the photo taken it looks like a cool drive.

Reactions: Vantams

UTDez23

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Salt Lake City, UT
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Schaefer
Member #

Sorry I missed the meet up! Was gone for a week long trip to Oregon. I hope the meet was fun and all went well. Any pics or a write up? Definitely want to shoot to plan and be a part of some future trips to meet up with local Wasatch front members.. Let’s do it! Cheers

Verent Chan

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lehi, UT
Member #

What's up everyone! My wife and I just moved to Lehi, UT from CA. Would love to connect with other trail lovers out here and get some pointers. We're thinking about heading up Spanish Fork Canyon this weekend and maybe hitting Skyline Drive along the ridge. Please keep me in the loop of more events going on!

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

I wouldn't mind getting up out of the heat, but it depends on the day. We are celebrating my wife's birthday, so it kind of depends what she wants to do.

Advocate III

Ogden, Utah
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Rose
Member #

You can, just don't know if you would want to drag it the entire trip. If you go towards the south end you start to get into some rough roads especially if it's been raining. Some of us actually did Skyline Drive 2 weeks ago, look up in the forms Skyline Drive overnighter. I gave a brief detail with some photos.

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app

Verent Chan

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lehi, UT
Member #

Well so it looks like it's gonna happen. I'm headed out tomorrow night with a convoy of 3 vehicles, all coworkers. We all moved here from CA in July so we're all exploring for the first time! We're planning drop in from 89 at Fairview and head east on 31 to camp near Potter's Pond Friday night, fish in the morning, and then maybe drive the ridge Saturday north to Tucker before heading home. Just a short 1-night trip to get our feet wet! One of our group's vehicles is a sedan and the other is a Tundra towing the Airstream so I might be the only one taking the ridge home. We'll have MURS radios for Coms, likely 151.880 MHz. Ask for me, Verent, if you get on the radio. Or my ham callsign is KM6LVL. If any of you want to try and meet up, let me know soon! Otherwise maybe we'll see each other on the trail. I'm in a black Tacoma with camper shell and roof rack.

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

As much as I want to come and test out my new swag, it's my wife's birthday and I am going to spend the weekend with her. Have fun guys, hopefully I can attend the next one.

Verent Chan

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lehi, UT
Member #

We're back from our trip and overall had a great time. Ended up staying Friday night at Miller Flats campground. On Saturday, we didn't spend long on the ridge. Tried to do some fishing at Potter's on Saturday morning but got a bit of a late start. We made it to the top of the ridge above Potters around 1pm just as the rain/hail started to fall, making it a pretty squirrelly climb up the hill. We paused at the top to air down (should have done it earlier) and then made our way up to Hwy 31 and Skyline junction. Seems like south of Potters might be where more of the fun is on Skyline? North of Potters there were only a couple spots where my 4wd was put to use at all. It probably would have been a little more enjoyable for us if not for the muddy trail. I'd definitely go back again and explore more if it was forecast to be dry.

jblinga

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salt Lake City
Member #

Pics or it didn't happen haha. Yes, the further South you go on Skyline Drive it is less maintained. A lot of the side trails tend to be more difficult as well if you venture down those.

Reactions: Ron W.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
We can look at the week of the 23rd or so.