The Official Dometic CFX Fridge Feed!

• HTML tutorial

DometicOffroad

Rank III

Advocate II

Hey guys!

We are looking to see what kind of set ups you guys are running! What are your thoughts on your Dometic fridge? What industry events would you like to see us at? Share with us!

We would love to see some pictures of your CFX Fridges in action, post below and if you have Instagram tag yourself!

Here is a link to our Mobile Living Made Easy Portable Fridges if you are unfamiliar: https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/pro...ectric-coolers

Photo By: Team4Runner and RuggedPix

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Just picked up our new CFX-75DZW. It’s going to be great to have a freezer option for long trips. Your Overlanding life will never be the same once you have made the investment in a fridge. This is our 3rd and hopefully final one. We keep upgrading to a larger size.

This also requires a new platform design for the back of our FJ. When required we will be able to bolt in the 40% seat behind the driver. Otherwise this will be a full width and depth platform for gear and the fridge. I’m working on a modification of our existing smaller fridge slide but may eventually upgrade to the larger one. We will review this fridge next month on 4XOA.com.

See you in Flagstaff next weekend!

Last edited:

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Part II - Platform build

IMG_0849.JPG

IMG_0845.JPG

IMG_0846.JPG

Hoping for a deal on a new Dometic slide at the Expo. I did a temporary modification to my old smaller slide so I could at least make access to the fridge easier.

Once a get a new slide I will remove the platform, install the slide, and then add carpet to it. I made the driver side portion foldable in case I ever need to install the rear 40 seat.

Last edited:

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Doing a little testing in the 4XOA lab with our new Dometic CFX-75DZW.

After 14 hours with the lab temp around 90 degrees (some call it a garage) the fridge has drawn less than 6.5 amps. For this large of a fridge I think it is performing very well. FB4B7644-B093-4A5F-A158-1BE85480BE9E.jpg

After 24 hours the fridge drew under 15 amps at 14.61. This is a great result.

We have the large side set to 36 and the small side set to 20. Currently only filled at about 40% with water bottles.

When fridges are full with cold items they run more efficiently. Using a temperature gun the inside wall temps are consistent and water bottle temps within 2 degrees of the fridge temp settings.

We will see what the 24 hour result is. Battery voltage looks low because the fridge was running when the photo was taken. Currently at 12.4 and started at 12.8.

We did a fridge shootout in late 2016. Check it out at 4XOA.com. Great results on par with the CFX-65DZ we previously reviewed. I will update that article with these numbers once I have tried a couple of other scenarios like fridge/fridge and one side off.

Add solar to your setup and you can keep your battery happy for a long time off grid.

Last edited:

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
While recovering from a busy 48 hours at the Expo I decided to finish my platform build. I managed to get the last jumbo slide at the Dometic booth.

In order to maximize space in the FJ I flipped the fridge and have it venting towards the front can back. This way I would install the slide as far aft as possible. Happy with my work.

With a little effort the front portion on the driver side can flip over to allow the installation of the rear passenger seat.

I also added aircraft style cargo tie downs to keep additional gear secure. Out on the trail I’ll use a ratchet strap to keep that gear secure.

Happy with the fridge and glad to get a good discount on the slide.

Expo 2018 was great!

IMG_0948.JPGIMG_0964.JPGIMG_0967.JPG

Wherever you go, there you are. Sent from my phone.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

While recovering from a busy 48 hours at the Expo I decided to finish my platform build. I managed to get the last jumbo slide at the Dometic booth.

In order to maximize space in the FJ I flipped the fridge and have it venting towards the front can back. This way I would install the slide as far aft as possible. Happy with my work.

With a little effort the front portion on the driver side can flip over to allow the installation of the rear passenger seat.

I also added aircraft style cargo tie downs to keep additional gear secure. Out on the trail I’ll use a ratchet strap to keep that gear secure.

Expo 2018 was great!

View attachment 56933View attachment 56934View attachment 56935

That really looks like a great setup! Living off-grid and also into overlanding, I would love to purchase your largest size fridge/ freezer. No funds now, but I hope to have one someday soon. If you ever need a product tester, I’m available and would enjoy doing that for you! Benz.

Reactions: DometicOffroad

FJTim

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Everett, WA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Matthews
Member #

Got the 40L installed in the FJ a couple weeks ago. We are leaving next week for 1800 miles through Oregon and it should be a huge help! I love the power consumption and size.

We are also going to have a booth at the NW Overland Rally for Autel Robotics. So if you're there, come say hi!20180527_180045.jpeg20180527_185436.jpeg20180527_180023.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using OB Talk mobile app

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Expo 2018 was great!

View attachment 56933View attachment 56934View attachment 56935

How much would this fridge/ freezer, cover and pull out tray be to purchase together?
Does this setup use a Danfrost compressor? Benz.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
How much would this fridge/ freezer, cover and pull out tray be to purchase together?
Does this setup use a Danfrost compressor? Benz.
Unless you can find something on sale.
Fridge is around $1099
Cover around $65
Slide around $299

Dometic makes their own compressors. Not Danfoss but confirm with Dometic!

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Fridge is around $1099
Cover around $65
Slide around $299

1Louder,
Thank you for the price information! Sure does look great! Please report back a long term review how it works out and holds up? My guess, it should last and be a great setup for a long long time. I bet it is a game changer in use. Benz.

Overland Vic

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange, CA, USA
First Name
Vic
Last Name
Member #

Fridge is around $1099
Cover around $65
Slide around $299

Thank you 1Louder for posting the info on the Dometic 75dzw and the power consumption testing. It looks great! How is your setup doing today? I'm interested in the Dometic 75dzw for it's dual compartment.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Thank you 1Louder for posting the info on the Dometic 75dzw and the power consumption testing. It looks great! How is your setup doing today? I'm interested in the Dometic 75dzw for it's dual compartment.
I’m still happy with it. Other than it takes up 1/3 of the space in my FJ. But I knew that before I bought it. I still like having a dedicated freezer compartment.

Reactions: Overland Vic

Traveler I

Hey guys!

We are looking to see what kind of set ups you guys are running! What are your thoughts on your Dometic fridge? What industry events would you like to see us at? Share with us!

We would love to see some pictures of your CFX Fridges in action, post below and if you have Instagram tag yourself!

Here is a link to our Mobile Living Made Easy Portable Fridges if you are unfamiliar: https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/pro...ectric-coolers
Sadly it looks like it just became harder to purchase your products here in Canada.

I was looking at purchasing on of your CFX-75 from MEC.ca at the end of the month and recently saw they stopped selling them. [emoji20]