The Official Dometic CFX Fridge Feed!

• HTML tutorial

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

I'm running an Optima Yellow Top with a 100w Renogy panel/air dam. I had a budget-brand fridge before, which was MUCH more power-hungry, so that led to my solar setup. It only survived 7 months, but left me with primo infrastructure to add a larger, more efficient refrigerator from Dometic. If I can park in the sun, I'm good indefinitely. Parked in the dark, I'm still good for 3 days or so without needing to start the vehicle. I have not yet had the opportunity to shake this fridge around on the trail, but in town it has been fantastic.

Reactions: RoarinRow

JohnKeller

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Park City, Utah, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Keller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FIQ
Here is my setup it is a 40 on the slide. Installed in the back of my Jeep four door. Mounted on the top of an ARB single drawer. I also have a TeraFlex tailgate table mounted. In order to get it to fit I had to remove one handle as it did not allow the rear seat to remain in an up position. I anchored the slide with Velcro and bolts through the top slide of the ARB drawer. Sits like a rock even when fully extended in the photo. Power is run aside and above the passenger side storage. No squeaks no rattles.

6AAEA1B5-99A8-4FDD-9CDA-EFE1D0E418A8.jpegCC34421E-BE2B-4F27-BA1E-DDD32639A2CE.jpegF2D07C28-434F-4F89-ACBF-D52A2F6E987B.jpeg

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Anyone have an issue with the 12V plug falling out of the socket? I took my Dometic CFX3 55IM off-roading today and twice when I went back to grab something noticed that the fridge was off. Turned out that the plug backed out enough to lose power and I had to push back in. The trail had some washboards and was bumpy, but I've had other 12Vs plugged in before with no issue.Comparing the 12V plug to other ones, it does seem skinnier. I'm going to do another test run next weekend to see if it happens again.

Reactions: Viking1204

Rath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Manitoba, Canada
First Name
Rath
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

I would recommend changing to a different plug style tbh. Especially if rough roads are a common thing. For the Fridge especially

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

I would recommend changing to a different plug style tbh. Especially if rough roads are a common thing. For the Fridge especially
Thats unfortunate to hear. I guess I can run the AC plug and then switch over to the 12V when at camp. Little more hassle but at least it will prevent shutoff while driving

benb

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Oregon
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Brubaker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7QYW
I wanted to go with a Dometic, but I went with an Alpicool CF45 because it's form factor was perfect for the back of my Jeep. It is taller and narrower making it fit under my cargo shelf, but taking up less floor space.

That's just meant to be a constructive comment by the way. I have no doubt your products are higher quality. Space is just such a premium in a Jeep.

Mikeblack

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Jones Jr
Member #

deFine_overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pemberwick Park Lane, Houston, Texas 77070, United States
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
DeFino
Member #

Hey guys!

We are looking to see what kind of set ups you guys are running! What are your thoughts on your Dometic fridge? What industry events would you like to see us at? Share with us!

We would love to see some pictures of your CFX Fridges in action, post below and if you have Instagram tag yourself!

Here is a link to our Mobile Living Made Easy Portable Fridges if you are unfamiliar: https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/pro...ectric-coolers

Photo By: Team4Runner and RuggedPix
Finally got my rear build out done. Love the fridge. It has been at 35 degrees since I installed it in mid May. Been able to store almost 2 weeks worth of food for 2 in it. Also love that when I am feeling frisky, I can turn one compartment down and take along ice cream. Only thing I would like to see are some storage specifically made to fit the fridge without wasting space. Some containers are sized wrong and waste space.
1C2EDE74-4AC8-4622-9FCB-8A5B5850EED6.jpeg8DCDD759-D3D5-4614-8445-8A69CB043779.jpeg

deFine_overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pemberwick Park Lane, Houston, Texas 77070, United States
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
DeFino
Member #

I'm running an Optima Yellow Top with a 100w Renogy panel/air dam. I had a budget-brand fridge before, which was MUCH more power-hungry, so that led to my solar setup. It only survived 7 months, but left me with primo infrastructure to add a larger, more efficient refrigerator from Dometic. If I can park in the sun, I'm good indefinitely. Parked in the dark, I'm still good for 3 days or so without needing to start the vehicle. I have not yet had the opportunity to shake this fridge around on the trail, but in town it has been fantastic.

Unrelated to this post, but do you leave your solar panel up when traveling? How has it held up? Or do you lower it flat when traveling?
Working on mounting my panels and not sure what direction to go yet.
Thanks,
-DOM

2BigTaco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Diamond Bar, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Tubig
Member #

Finally pulled the trigger and got the CFX3 35. I didn’t need a a whole lot of space since usually my girlfriend and I. I’m def excited to not have to hunt for ice and pack better food.

Reactions: deFine_overland

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Dometic is recalling all CFX3 fridges... FYI

Keywords "Dometic has not yet identified a proposed remedy plan."

They have stopped selling them but have not proposed a solution yet.

Reactions: PonoAdventures

pcstockton

Rank III

Advocate I

Portland, OR
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
S
Anyone have an issue with the 12V plug falling out of the socket? I took my Dometic CFX3 55IM off-roading today and twice when I went back to grab something noticed that the fridge was off. Turned out that the plug backed out enough to lose power and I had to push back in. The trail had some washboards and was bumpy, but I've had other 12Vs plugged in before with no issue.Comparing the 12V plug to other ones, it does seem skinnier. I'm going to do another test run next weekend to see if it happens again.
The Dometic DC cable has a "locking" DC plug if you unscrew the cig lighter part off. Use this with a legit 12V connection. You will never come disconnected ever again. Buy the VERY nice ARB or Dometic wiring kits. They both have one.

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

Unrelated to this post, but do you leave your solar panel up when traveling? How has it held up? Or do you lower it flat when traveling?
Working on mounting my panels and not sure what direction to go yet.
Yes, it is permanently mounted. It's not always in the ideal position to capitalize on the sun, but I was working on whittling down the time it took me to break camp and I wanted to minimize what I had to disconnect and pack up. It has been up there for over a year now without issue.

Reactions: Viking1204

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I had the same problem so I swapped my cigarette style plug on the fridge out for an Anderson style plug and haven't had a problem since.

Reactions: BigBlueOx_TRD