Overland Expo East 2018 Discussion Thread (Not region specific)

• HTML tutorial

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
We are thinking of driving out to the event but were wondering how many vendors show up for the event. It is about a 12 hrs trip drive so I am hoping it would be worth it.
It's not my first expo and its not the vendors that keep me coming back. I'm driving from further away and I'd say its worth it for the campground alone but there are a good number of vendors represented. I don't know the exact number but I'm sure you can get an idea from all the shared pictures and videos.

Code54

Rank 0

Traveler I

Thanks - from what I read, you can watch the training but just not take part in it unless you get the upgraded ticket? Was thinking that I can only get there for one day so I didn't want to invest that much this year until I have a better idea of what all it entails.

Reactions: sabjku

Stepsride

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Palm Harbor FL
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stepkoski
Member #

Thanks - from what I read, you can watch the training but just not take part in it unless you get the upgraded ticket? Was thinking that I can only get there for one day so I didn't want to invest that much this year until I have a better idea of what all it entails.
I am thinking about doing the same thing. I think there will be so much to see from different rigs to vendors. I wanted to see everyone's rigs and steal some ideas. I also want to get around to all the vendors and check out some deals as well. There is just so much to do I figured I will start this way and plan for next year. I have a 9 - 10 hour ride from Palm Harbor FL. It will be worth it from what I hear.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Janie

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Jacksonville, FL
Member #

I am thinking about doing the same thing. I think there will be so much to see from different rigs to vendors. I wanted to see everyone's rigs and steal some ideas. I also want to get around to all the vendors and check out some deals as well. There is just so much to do I figured I will start this way and plan for next year. I have a 9 - 10 hour ride from Palm Harbor FL. It will be worth it from what I hear.
I’ll be driving up from Jacksonville FL

azninferno

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

South Florida
Member #

I’m coming from palm beach. Is there a FL caravan thread anywhere? I’m planning on going; had a few friends bail but still looking to go

Reactions: Janie