Overland Expo East 2018 Discussion Thread (Not region specific)

• HTML tutorial

Durdan

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ybor City, FL
Member #

IF anyone needs it, I have an extra entrance weekend + camping pass (WITHOUT vehicle pass). My wife was going to ride shotgun with me, but couldn't make it. So, if you're looking to ride along with someone, I've got a weekend pass with camping. $75.00

feel free to email me at taylor.durdan@gmail.com

Reactions: Drifterman

Schake

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ellicott City, MD, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Schaffer
Member #

Heading down to my first-ever Overland meetup/event from Baltimore area Thursday early AM. Staying offsite. Hope to meet many OB members and learn a lot about outfitting my Rubicon for exploring.
Anyone else leaving this area around that time or traveling down I-81?

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Heading down to my first-ever Overland meetup/event from Baltimore area Thursday early AM. Staying offsite. Hope to meet many OB members and learn a lot about outfitting my Rubicon for exploring.
Anyone else leaving this area around that time or traveling down I-81?
@Schake , we'll be leaving the NOVA area around 6am on Thursday and heading out 66 west, to 81, and then onto 26 to Papas and Beer for the 3pm meetup and later roll-in to Expo. We'll probably be hitting 66/81 interchange around 730-745am. Message me if you'd like to meet up.

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Schake

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ellicott City, MD, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Schaffer
Member #

@Schake , we'll be leaving the NOVA area around 6am on Thursday and heading out 66 west, to 81, and then onto 26 to Papas and Beer for the 3pm meetup and later roll-in to Expo. We'll probably be hitting 66/81 interchange around 730-745am. Message me if you'd like to meet up.
SABJKU, my departure time of 6AM put me at I-81 and I-66 about 7:40. Would like to meet up and convoy together. At next exit south on 81 (Exit 298), there is a Denny's South/West of the interchange. Seems a good place to meet up. My rig is a Granite color Rubi JKU with full roof rack. I will have CB with me and tuned to OB channel.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

SABJKU, my departure time of 6AM put me at I-81 and I-66 about 7:40. Would like to meet up and convoy together. At next exit south on 81 (Exit 298), there is a Denny's South/West of the interchange. Seems a good place to meet up. My rig is a Granite color Rubi JKU with full roof rack. I will have CB with me and tuned to OB channel.
Right on @Schake! I’ll be with @sadjku. We will see there around 7:45.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

@Schake sorry for delay. Sounds great! We should be there around the same time frame. I’ll be in a Rhino JKU pulling a trailer with RTT and Kevin will be in a silver 4Runner. I’ll message you my cell number here as well and be on 16 tomorrow.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

MrCoffee

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Springfield, Vermont
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
U
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB1PMW
Anyone else attend the Expo and feel it was totally screwed up? Really disappointed at how badly the shuttles where run, people being turned away from the campground (that had paid to camp). The mud was no fun, but we're Overlanders, right?