Overland Expo East 2018 Discussion Thread (Not region specific)

• HTML tutorial

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

We are traveling from Oklahoma ourselves, NE oklahoma to be precise. We are leaving at Midnight on Wednesday and driving in Thursday evening.
Ooh sounds interesting. We are planing on arriving in Asheville NLT than 3PM on Thursday so we can meet up with @Wawa Skittletits and company at Papas and Beer and all get a spot to camp together. Though we might need to leave as early as Tuesday or even Monday since we will be traveling with a toddler and needing to make more frequent stops than most. Also we're in a Jeep so gas mileage sucks. So there's that. But if you have any interest in extending your journey let us know, if not we'll see you there!

Jennifer Langille

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New York, USA
First Name
Jennifer
Last Name
Langille
Member #

Monty and I'll be rolling in from the North and completely excited. We attended West earlier in the year and blown away, looking forward to the smaller venue and hopeful chance to connect with more folks. If there was a rally point set-up ahead of the event, would absolutely aim to join fellow OB Members!

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
Is anyone from West Tennessee, North Mississippi, or Eastern Arkansas going?

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Monty and I'll be rolling in from the North and completely excited. We attended West earlier in the year and blown away, looking forward to the smaller venue and hopeful chance to connect with more folks. If there was a rally point set-up ahead of the event, would absolutely aim to join fellow OB Members!
See Wawa’s post above.... hoping we can get a big group together for the weekend!

Ghost patrol

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cumming, Ga.
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Porter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4WAP
Myself and 2 other buddies will be coming in on Friday from 60 miles north of Atlanta. Should be there around noonish. Plan on being there all weekend. We will not be camping so we rented a cabin just outside Brevard. Hope to see you all there.

Reactions: Hourless Life

fjwrangler

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lynn Haven, Florida
First Name
Neal
Last Name
McGee
Member #

This will be my first time to overland expo and I am excited. I will be traveling with a friend (who attended last year) and coming up from Florida. Would like to camp around other OB members if possible. Does anyone know if there will be an official OB area for camping, or will we just need to all arrive around the same time to grab spots together?

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

This will be my first time to overland expo and I am excited. I will be traveling with a friend (who attended last year) and coming up from Florida. Would like to camp around other OB members if possible. Does anyone know if there will be an official OB area for camping, or will we just need to all arrive around the same time to grab spots together?
We have a caravan headed down from the mid-Atlantic area and will be displaying a couple of the Overland Bound Base Camp flags.

It’s my first time as well but it seems that the easiest way to camp together is to actually enter the venue together at the same time since it will most likely be organized parking.

With that said, we are all planning a meetup right before rolling into OE. Join us!

Look in the Overland Bound by Region section for the East and you’ll see the Caravan thread with all the info.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Is anyone bringing a bicycle? I have a mountain/touring bike I'm thinking about bringing. I've heard the riding their is great and there are numerous scenic dirt trails for exploring.
I'm thinking about it. There's some killer mountain biking at Reeb.

antangil

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Huntsville, Alabama
Member #

I picked up a business meeting that ends on the Thursday before the Expo - I’ll be driving up from Cape Canaveral on Thursday, should be there by early Friday AM.

So... here’s the question. I’m a quiet guy with a Khaya and plenty of extra beer. Anyone willing to stake out an spot for me in exchange for some NASA swag? I work at MSFC and will be at KSC that week, so I should be able to score some decent stuff. :)

DM me if you want more details or to place an order... ;)

JRElaxED

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

I picked up a business meeting that ends on the Thursday before the Expo - I’ll be driving up from Cape Canaveral on Thursday, should be there by early Friday AM.

So... here’s the question. I’m a quiet guy with a Khaya and plenty of extra beer. Anyone willing to stake out an spot for me in exchange for some NASA swag? I work at MSFC and will be at KSC that week, so I should be able to score some decent stuff. :)

DM me if you want more details or to place an order... ;)
But do you snore????