Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
Yes, 2nd weekend in Aug 10-15 or 16. Depart Nor-cal on the 10th. More info to come down from M&C on this.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Is this outing still a go or no??
Could someone please educate me? I have not been on an outing with OB (or any other group for that matter - not counting the US Army). I don't have a good understanding of prep and organization in a proposed group such as this. Is it reasonable to expect things will fall into place for a trip within a couple days? As far as I know, Corrie is still driving up and meeting Michael at SEATAC. I don't know if they are still planning on this outing, or perhaps, they've changed their minds and going to the flagship REI, Starbucks, or one of the Boeing museums. If a go, where and when do we meet, where are we going, etc. If no, how do we know that? If going shouldn't I notify others of my destination? Sorry, but I'm a novice at this and don't know how "go-with-the-flow" I should be. So, insight anyone???

Reactions: Novax326

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Yes, 2nd weekend in Aug 10-15 or 16. Depart Nor-cal on the 10th. More info to come down from M&C on this.
Oh, the date change again? Last knew it was the 28th thru the 31st. I guess I'll just wait for more info then. Thanks mmnorthdirections.

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
More to to come down about this. The prep, The trails/exploration will be to come later. Some folks from OB will be meeting up in Wa at this point don't how many. Myself and @Mirek are leaving Nor-cal on the 10th with Corrie, some more may be in for the trek up, but unknown at this point. Prep for a long drive to Wa, after that It could be loos. Follow the thread to find out as it evolves.

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Hey everyone - Sorry for the delayed communication. We've had to change the dates up to accommodate unforeseen circumstances. Apologies all around!

This trip is still happening, and we'll be rolling up for an adventure starting Friday evening, August 12th - Sunday, August 14th.

A route will be locked in by this weekend.

Official meetup points will be locked in, too.

We're excited to explore up North, and we're looking forward to meeting some PNW'ers in person!

Corrie

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

Hey everyone - Sorry for the delayed communication. We've had to change the dates up to accommodate unforeseen circumstances. Apologies all around!

This trip is still happening, and we'll be rolling up for an adventure starting Friday evening, August 12th - Sunday, August 14th.

A route will be locked in by this weekend.

Official meetup points will be locked in, too.

We're excited to explore up North, and we're looking forward to meeting some PNW'ers in person!

Corrie
Looking forward to the details!

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I haven't been out there. It's been on my list of places for a long time.

I can't speak to how difficult any of the trails are up there. It's been my experience that there isn't a lot of middle ground out here. It goes from mild to "expect to break something" pretty quick.

There do seem to be a few other trails right around there, a couple are labeled "More Difficult".

cleelum1.png cleelum2.png

Jhberria

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lacey, WA
I was actually thinking about trying to do Van Epps that weekend, so If you guys end up in that area, I'll try and meet up with you.

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

We are certainly interested if this is the base destination. Cle Elum is about a 5 hour drive from our home, and we'd love the chance to meet up with some fellow like minded souls for a weekend.

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

I was actually thinking about trying to do Van Epps that weekend, so If you guys end up in that area, I'll try and meet up with you.
I'd join you for this, Josh. I've been wanting to do this and we still don't have details for the OB meetup.

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

I may also be interested regardless. Our plan is to get away for a weekend of camping anyways. Some firm details from the OB crew one way or the other by the weekend would go a long way to help me sort my plans out.

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I haven't heard anything leading me to believe that the date has changed, and it sounded like there is a destination.

The only thing we're really missing is a rally point and time I think...

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
This one appears to have fallen through the cracks.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all, this is coming up! Looking forward to meeting you guys. @Corrie will lock down details shortly.

We tossed a couple ideas out for a destination. Do we have a strong contender? Rally point? Anyone familiar with the area should probably guide that decision.