Enthusiast III

Forsyth County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Graham
Member #

It is my firs
Hello All, I wanna introduce myself: I'm Robert Vaessen. This will be my first rally. I checked in with NCTrooper to get an okay to join (wanted to make sure my inexperience wouldn't be a drag on the group). He said: Do it. Great! I'm in. Excited about it. Looking forward to meeting / trailing / hanging with y'all. I'll be at South 21 Matthews a little before 8:00 AM on Saturday morning.
Welcome! This will be my first ride as well and am looking forward to it! I used to drive tanks but I don’t think it’s quite the same thing!!!

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
Hello All, I wanna introduce myself: I'm Robert Vaessen. This will be my first rally. I checked in with NCTrooper to get an okay to join (wanted to make sure my inexperience wouldn't be a drag on the group). He said: Do it. Great! I'm in. Excited about it. Looking forward to meeting / trailing / hanging with y'all. I'll be at South 21 Matthews a little before 8:00 AM on Saturday morning.
Welcome!

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Hope you guys take plenty of pictures/video. Looking forward to hearing about the trip and hoping this is just the first of many trips to come. :grinning:

Reactions: NC-Trooper

JasKolp

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
Hope you guys take plenty of pictures/video. Looking forward to hearing about the trip and hoping this is just the first of many trips to come. :grinning:
I have a dashcam, so I'll at least have some footage from that! Hopefully I'll have some time to take other pictures/video as well.

Reactions: Jeffrey Dill

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Hey all - I’m not going to be able to make this trip w/ the group - but I am REALLY interested in this route for the future with a few buddies. Two questions:
1.) Would you recommend this route for my rig: 2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring, full armor skid plates, 2” lift, 30” Kuhmo AT tires?
2.) Do you have a route map I can check out?

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
Hey all - I’m not going to be able to make this trip w/ the group - but I am REALLY interested in this route for the future with a few buddies. Two questions:
1.) Would you recommend this route for my rig: 2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring, full armor skid plates, 2” lift, 30” Kuhmo AT tires?
2.) Do you have a route map I can check out?
Some of the trails can be downloaded in .gpx format from the interwebs or you can look at TRX Trailhead or Gaia

hlpressley

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indian Trail, NC
Member #

Not sure how I just seen this. I’m actually not far at all from the South 21 in Matthews and may be interested in convoying up with the group and just hang out for the day. I don’t think I could make camping work with this short of notice. Let me know if you guys have room for one more rig!

Reactions: NC-Trooper

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Not sure how I just seen this. I’m actually not far at all from the South 21 in Matthews and may be interested in convoying up with the group and just hang out for the day. I don’t think I could make camping work with this short of notice. Let me know if you guys have room for one more rig!
That’s totally fine. I won’t be camping either with a wife that is due any day I can’t manage to stay away that long [emoji1360]

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT

JasKolp

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
Good news, I got the new bushings in! Hopefully that was the issue with my lift...if it wasn't, then I'm out of ideas and I haven't been able to find anything online about the issue I had. We'll see how it holds up tomorrow! I'll be at the Kmart around...10ish. I need to get the OHV pass from the sports store across the street, and then I should be ready to go.

Reactions: tobey1

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Have fun group. Sounds like a good turnout. The rain that just came through should make for a fun ride. Don’t forget your muck boots. If you’re planning to camp on trail You might think about leaving a couple of rigs or tents at the big site. Have fun.

Reactions: tobey1

JasKolp

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
I had a great time on the trail! Tomorrow I'll work on putting together my dashcam footage from my ML320 (it sometimes cut off, I think because of the bumpy trail, so hopefully there isn't any corrupted footage) and will share with you guys afterwards.

Edit: looks like a lot of footage is corrupted/missing/doesn't play correctly. I'll try to salvage what I can to show you guys. Next trip I think I'll invest in a couple of Gopros, those should hold up much better on the rough road than the dashcam did.

Last edited:

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign