Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
The campsites filled up quickly. Is there any available space to park my rig?
I'm sure we'll be able to fit you in somewhere. Seems like we've collectively reserved a majority of the campsite.
I am certain we can find room for one more. BTW welcome to Overland Bound.
Definitely. We account for at least these 9 sites :laughing: (not sure if T8 and T11 got snagged by someone on this trip or not):

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 11.52.59 AM.png

So we'll have plenty of space to fit in folks who weren't able to grab a site, since each site is allowed up to two cars and up to two tents.

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hey guys! Has a schedule been set for this yet? I was just thinking about cruising down from Asheville to check it out. Don't know what camping is looking like at this point. What are the trails like? I haven't had my burb out on trails yet so I don't know how it will fit or handle.

Definitely interested in meeting up!

Reactions: Sasquatch SC

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
Hey guys! Has a schedule been set for this yet? I was just thinking about cruising down from Asheville to check it out. Don't know what camping is looking like at this point. What are the trails like? I haven't had my burb out on trails yet so I don't know how it will fit or handle.

Some of us are heading to the camping area Friday, the plan is to meet at the trail on Saturday at 10 then head back to camp afterwards.

THorner

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Sharpsburg, NC, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Horner
Member #

Mike, take a look at post number 65, @Jeffrey Dill has laid out the schedule there. Please join us.

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ

As for camping, we should be able to fit you in at someone's site. As for the trails, you'll be good with whatever you've got. The trails (at least the portion I've been on) were resurfaced over the summer, so they're not challenging. And if we hit anything that is challenging, we'll have a small army of vehicles for recovery. :laughing:

SafeSpottedHyena-size_restricted.gif

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

As for camping, we should be able to fit you in at someone's site. As for the trails, you'll be good with whatever you've got. The trails (at least the portion I've been on) were resurfaced over the summer, so they're not challenging. And if we hit anything that is challenging, we'll have a small army of vehicles for recovery. :laughing:
Sold! I am in for the weekend if I've got a place to camp! Likely can be there around 7-8PM Friday night.

Last edited:

TheOverlandingGoat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greensboro, NC
Member #

Hi everyone! Can’t go this weekend, going camping and surf fishing at Carolina Beach. Is there anything planned for next weekend? Would like to get out and camp and wheel some. Was thinking the Jocassee Wilderness area oe somewhere in Western NC.

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

I've had something come up with the house we are buying so I won't be able to make it this weekend unfortunately. Sorry guys :(

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Pack an extra blanket. It was a little chilly last night.View attachment 124921
Damn Tom, you're always a full day early.
I'm glad I bought the Heater Buddy when they were on sale. I'm leaving the office at 12:30 today. I have most of my gear stacked up to be loaded into the car and I need to hook up the boat. I should be there by mid-afternoon. Enough time for me to throw my tent out and get out on the water and try to get some top-water trout.