Investor

Enthusiast III

Sharpsburg, NC, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Horner
Member #

The heater will come in handy. Looking forward to a great weekend. Hope the trails are OK, lots of rain yesterday.

THorner

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Sharpsburg, NC, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Horner
Member #

No doubt, we may even get a little bit of frost. Looks like we'll have awesome cruising weather during the day though. [emoji2]

What time did you get there yesterday? Did you get poured on?
Rain mostly quit by the time I got here at about 9PM. Beautiful clear sky today.

JasKolp

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
I'll be sleeping in the back of the vehicle, so I'll be good with staying warm. But I will need to go back home after leaving work to get my forgotten boots.

Looks like it will get into the low 30's this weekend, and a high of about 60 on Saturday.

quadabaum

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Georgia USA
Member #

Im still stuck at work supporting a major failure. Ill be headed that way tonight, ill likely be late. I have the gate code from my reservation email.

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Great trip, awesome trail, solid group. Thank you @Jeffrey Dill for putting in the leg-work on setting it up. After my attempts over the summer I discovered how quickly it becomes to get burnt out on putting these things together. It’d be good to have different people to plan the big group events. Keeps it fresh.

2A518409-008D-4FBE-816A-9A142776BD68.jpeg

9AE13A8A-53A5-47F4-B58A-F5997EEC7B94.jpeg

B288C629-F504-40AD-A1FF-F7CCD1B17FA9.jpeg

9073615B-FB44-4EC5-BDE8-A37BA6C7A5AB.jpeg

These are the only photos I took, so I hope someone else took some better shots. Especially of some of those amazing views over Jocassee. I know I saw a lot of GoPro’s out there - a lot more than I usually see - I want to see some video footage! I’ve been back & forth on whether I should buy 1 or not. I’ve never seen any of y’all actually make more than a clip that lasts a few seconds. The satellite uplink I run in conjunction w/ Gaia created a pretty solid route (most of the trail it was accurate up to 8 feet). A video to go w/ it would be great!

Until the next time... happy trails
-Trey & Berkley (woof)

JasKolp

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
I had a great time with you guys. Here are some pictures that I took:

VehicleLineup1.JPGVehicleLineup2.JPGTreeRemoval2.JPGVehicleLineupAfter2.JPGRiver.JPGMLDirty2.JPGCampsites.JPG

I'll post some video later this week (with all the rigs driving by and of the tree clearing operations), but I already posted the one of my Mercedes going over one of the more technical parts of the trail on my Instagram. I probably won't be able to make it for a trip in December if we decide to go, since I'm planning on being out of town and I'm trying to get enough money saved up for a suspension lift to be installed by around February 2020. But we'll see how things go!

Last edited:

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

I had a great time with you guys. Here are some pictures that I took:

View attachment 125191View attachment 125192View attachment 125193View attachment 125194View attachment 125196View attachment 125200

I'll post some video later this week (with all the rigs driving by and of the tree clearing operations), but I already posted the one of my Mercedes going over one of the more technical parts of the trail on my Instagram. I probably won't be able to make it for a trip in December if we decide to go, since I'm planning on being out of town and I'm trying to get enough money saved up for a suspension lift to be installed by around February 2020. But we'll see how things go!
That picture of the campground looks like it has a label bc of my spare carrier swung out like that.

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

After I left camp I drove the backroads to Rosman. Then 215 to 475 (gravel road with a mountain bike event) 276 to Brevard for lunch. Then I thought Hurricane creek is around here. Got on there at 4:00. The last few miles in the dark. That was fun. Now I'm wild camping in the back of the truck on a very overgrown Wilkins creek road.

Great trip. Nice meeting y'all. Lets do another trip soon.
Rich

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Just started sifting through my GoPro footage. Video to come as I work through it, but here's Jeff showing us the way from the hood of my Blue-baru
. View attachment 125354
Tom is either looking with consideration at which trail to take or looking with concern at that 4Runner that was about a centimeter away from buying a whole new set of passenger-side body panels. :grimacing: