Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

What is the gap of your fabbed metal for? At the top of the tub and below the hard top.

That's just where the hardtop sits I had it propped up so I could do some spot welding I didn't have a way to pull the top all the way off by myself

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I see the board under the top now.. But from front to back,at the halfway point, you have that 4" gap. Is that for a purpose? I too have a Jeep.. a '90 Wrangler.I don't have anything that would sit where you have that gap. that's why I ask..

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

I should be back out working on it next week , next up is stuffing the rear axle in and working on the brakes so I can move it under it's own power . Been busy with our busiest week at work for the year and wedding planning so that's why car stuff has been on the back burner

H3Coyote

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

MidWest, U.S., by Chicago.
Member #

Sounds like a plan, I'll be watching for your axle build, I've got to get a couple of 60s going, or at least 44s for the H3, the solid axle swap will have to happen after it's moving around on it's own next month...
I agree with you on playing in the snow..! I had a blast doing reverse donuts, and e brake slides in the "Doom Buggy" caviler last week...! It's this cold, windy air that just shrivels me up.. LOL

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Nothing to update been dealing with the tahoe but I did come up with a rear bumper/winch carrier and fender protection that I hope is both functional and fits the overall look of the rig
hdr_00709_0.jpg

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding