How About the WJs?

• HTML tutorial

Overland 505

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Member #

I don’t remember the brand. Wasn’t nothing special. Also did that too. V8 Zheng front shaft. One issue I did have is that my rear driveshaft was too long being on a 4” lift going from the 35 to the 44a. Had to get it cut down 3/4” go fit or it would have been bottomed out on the slip yoke.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: NWjeeper

NWjeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Edmonds, WA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
England
Member #

I don’t remember the brand. Wasn’t nothing special. Also did that too. V8 Zheng front shaft. One issue I did have is that my rear driveshaft was too long being on a 4” lift going from the 35 to the 44a. Had to get it cut down 3/4” go fit or it would have been bottomed out on the slip yoke.

Yea I didn't have an issue with the rear, I'm only at 2.5" of lift. The front is getting switched from a double rezeppa drive shaft to a double cardan. Snagged the transfer case yoke and double cardan shaft out of the 04 but the length is too short. For some reason the 04's had shorter shafts then previous years from what I've researched.

OB # 3751

Stepsride

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Palm Harbor FL
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stepkoski
Member #

Just brough an 04 Overland back to life with my girls. This was a great daddy Daughter job. It turned out to be a perfect trail truck. I went through everything underneath and a total tune up. I still have front seats, heater core, and the HVAC vents to take care of but it just drove for 17 hours to bug out from IRMA. A nice 3 inch lift a thicker rear anti-roll bar, and 32 in General at2 tires ........ Rides great.

Attachments

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
Anyone got any updates?

I am just wrapping up a f/r axle swap. Bought a donor Jeep for a few things, 04 Overland for $400.

View attachment 35656
I have been prepping a used Varilock to go in the rear. My current axle is doing weird things when turning to the right at low speed. I think the lunchbox is probably toast. Suspect most of the bearings too. So will do this swap as a temporary. Hope to get a dana 60 from East Coast Gear and Axle for a permanent fix. Also have new heavy duty, adjustable upper control A-arm from IRO and adjustable lowers from Core 4x4 (level 3) to go on with the swap. At some point looking at a Tru-Track for the front, but would like to upgrade it to a Dana44 for permanent duty...

Eddiebrs

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Phoenix, Az, USA
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Barrows
Member #

Jeep2.jpg Jeep.jpg Jeep3.jpg Got this WJ 2 months ago. Upgraded the Headlights and all the interior lighting, put together a Cargo rack and installed 2 inch spring I salvaged off a wrecked WJ from a local yard. Im new to the Overland scene and will be planning a few trips this coming year. Good to see so many WJs here. I know this thread is gonna be a bad influence on me:grimacing:

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Couple pics of my WJ

2004 Limited 4.7HO
Basics are 4" Lift - Core4x4 Arms, Rola Roof Rack, Dual Battery Setup with Odyssey AGM Deep Cycle, Rubicon take offs w/ 255/75/17

On order - HK Offroad Kratos Tire carrier and Hidden Winch Mount - Smittybillt 9500 Winch w/ synthetic line

Future - Solar generator to be tied into dual battery setup, lighting upgrades, maybe a low profile drawer system from the rear

f4504704.jpg f5395904.jpg

Cummins_Powered

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Couple pics of my WJ

2004 Limited 4.7HO
Basics are 4" Lift - Core4x4 Arms, Rola Roof Rack, Dual Battery Setup with Odyssey AGM Deep Cycle, Rubicon take offs w/ 255/75/17

On order - HK Offroad Kratos Tire carrier and Hidden Winch Mount - Smittybillt 9500 Winch w/ synthetic line

Future - Solar generator to be tied into dual battery setup, lighting upgrades, maybe a low profile drawer system from the rear

View attachment 43255 View attachment 43256

Those Rubi take offs look great. Sweet looking WJ.

Eddiebrs

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Phoenix, Az, USA
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Barrows
Member #

Couple pics of my WJ

2004 Limited 4.7HO

Great looking setup MoreGone. I like how you have an off-raod capable rig and still kept the factory bumpers. Makes for a very clean look. What are you using as a rear tire mount now?

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Great looking setup MoreGone. I like how you have an off-raod capable rig and still kept the factory bumpers. Makes for a very clean look. What are you using as a rear tire mount now?
Thanks

It is a hitch mounted spare tire carrier by CBI Offroad. I wanted better access to the hatch area for camping and whatnot which has prompted the change. Should have the Kratos within a month

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
Couple pics of my WJ

2004 Limited 4.7HO

WoW! Very Nice!!

Reactions: Overland 505

Stepsride

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Palm Harbor FL
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stepkoski
Member #

Well my daughter just got into a fender bender. Someone rear ended her! Sucks. However I got a quote for a new bumper and 1500 bucks was the cost for a new rear bumper with paint. I was thinking a RockHard or Hanson bumper may be cheaper and better!! Any thoughts on any rear bumpers would be great

NWjeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Edmonds, WA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
England
Member #