Edmonds, WA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
England
Member #

4" IRO front long arms, adjustable short arms in the back. 265/75/17 32"s

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Nice! I'm just running a 2.5 inch bb with 265/75R16 and just recently found some mystery front lift coils from the WJ I posted above that helped level the Jeep out after the weight of the bumper and winch.

Reactions: Overland 505

Zydeco blue

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Ward
Member #

Anyone got any updates?

I am just wrapping up a f/r axle swap. Bought a donor Jeep for a few things, 04 Overland for $400.

View attachment 35656
Ive been looking to do an front axle swap with a divorced transfer case to make it 4x4, but ive been using it for my DD. So time and funds has been of a hinderence.. what all did you do with the swap?

OB # 2916

Reactions: NWjeeper

NWjeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Edmonds, WA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
England
Member #

Ive been looking to do an front axle swap with a divorced transfer case to make it 4x4, but ive been using it for my DD. So time and funds has been of a hinderence.. what all did you do with the swap?

OB # 2916
My WJ is a Laredo with the 4.0 and Selec-Trac. Also with just the normal Dana 30/35 combo with 3:55 gears open diffs. Ever since the lift and tires it's been a dog so I wanted to upgrade without breaking the bank, but found out I can't even upgrade the gears unless I get a different carrier also. So I did the cheapest upgrade I could find lol and picked up a WJ with Quadradrive. They still use a Dana 30 in the front but they have a Dana 44A in the rear and come with 3:73 gears with the Varilok diffs. Seems like it will be a nice combo with the Selec-Trac transfer case. While doing the swap I found the donor Jeep had new reman front calipers and new front cv axle shafts. While I had it I also swapped the seats, door panels, gauge cluster and robbed the skid plates. Picked the jeep up for 400 dollars and turned around and sold it to the junkyard for 220.

OB # 3751

Reactions: Overland 505

Overland 505

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Member #

My WJ is a Laredo with the 4.0 and Selec-Trac. Also with just the normal Dana 30/35 combo with 3:55 gears open diffs. Ever since the lift and tires it's been a dog so I wanted to upgrade without breaking the bank, but found out I can't even upgrade the gears unless I get a different carrier also. So I did the cheapest upgrade I could find lol and picked up a WJ with Quadradrive. They still use a Dana 30 in the front but they have a Dana 44A in the rear and come with 3:73 gears with the Varilok diffs. Seems like it will be a nice combo with the Selec-Trac transfer case. While doing the swap I found the donor Jeep had new reman front calipers and new front cv axle shafts. While I had it I also swapped the seats, door panels, gauge cluster and robbed the skid plates. Picked the jeep up for 400 dollars and turned around and sold it to the junkyard for 220.

OB # 3751

Yeah I did similar to mine. Bought a junk Overland and took the axles from it. It was from Tenn though and the front coil holders were gone. So I bought the IRO ones and welded them on.

Reactions: NWjeeper

NWjeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Edmonds, WA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
England
Member #

Yeah I did similar to mine. Bought a junk Overland and took the axles from it. It was from Tenn though and the front coil holders were gone. So I bought the IRO ones and welded them on.

How do you like the varilok diffs? Haven't had a chance to test them out yet.

OB # 3751