Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

That does it for me, I'm getting a WJ sometime next year!

My parents used to own a black WJ a few years ago, I loved driving that vehicle.

This was it, 1999 Grand Cherokee Limited with the 3.1 turbo diesel engine and 265/70-16 tires.
DSC03050 by Joachim Sandven, on Flickr

Last edited:

Zydeco blue

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Ward
Member #

2003 4.0 Laredo : short term plans roof rack that will easily accomidate my kayak, 2" lift to add som slightly bigger tires, new off road front bumper, and rear locker.

Hopefully all that can be knocked out in the next couple months

Attachments

Last edited:

Zydeco blue

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Ward
Member #

Go with three inch springs from IRO. Loved mine. Started with the 2" spacers but wanted more. 3" springs were perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks I will look into doing the springs, did you have any issues with brake lines length or anything like that going 3"?

NWjeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Edmonds, WA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
England
Member #

2000 4.0L Laredo
All stock 4x4 W/ Tow pkg

Missed my old Cherokee so picked this guy up for cheap, I mean CHEAP. Always loved Jeeps and really fell in love with all the creature comforts of the WJ. Hoping to put together a build thread once I get a few more things together. Here's the only decent pic I have so far

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

My oldest Daughter had one till she sold it for her JKU, ( I think see liked mine ). But the kid, (30 year old) down the street from me, rebuilds and puts on exoskeletons on them, and has a group that has the older Cherokees and the WJ's they are always going out and coming back all muddied up ...He says I am too old and just putt around , oh well .....

Reactions: Overland 505

lbseals

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sout West Oregon
Member #

Sorry, no pics on this phone. But I'm running my second WJ put 200K on the first. A 2004, 2.5" fat bobs lift with fox shocks. Projector headlights, not a fan of the look but they work well.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Saints&Sailors

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

2000 4.0L Laredo
All stock 4x4 W/ Tow pkg

Missed my old Cherokee so picked this guy up for cheap, I mean CHEAP. Always loved Jeeps and really fell in love with all the creature comforts of the WJ. Hoping to put together a build thread once I get a few more things together. Here's the only decent pic I have so far
You should start a build thread on this guy so I can live vicariously through you. I love seeing people pick up cheap rigs and build them up - I recall one particular thread of a guy who bought a Land Rover for just $1500. A few months ago I was half considering picking up a cheap Grand Cherokee to replace my girlfriend's car that was totaled and start building it up. Instead we opted for the more "sensible" solution. Whatever "sensible" means :tonguewink:. Regardless, if something ever happens to my Jeep, my plan is to pick up a cheap hunk of metal and see where it takes us. Until then, I'm just dreaming and trying to keep my old Jeep running, haha!