How About the WJs?

• HTML tutorial

Overland 505

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Member #

I rebuilt the motor. Then put 2" pucks on it. Then 3" springs then came across a set of IRO front long arms cheap so I had to go 4" for those. Swapped in some some overland axles with 3.73 gears and Variloks (limited slips) front and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-Mah

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Whitehorse, YT, Canada
Member #

Thinking many of those blown motors were 4.7l bought my WJ for 250 with a motor that dropped the timing chain dropped a good used one in and then proceeded to spend all to much on secondary items 2" bb led lights, roof rack and several other superfluous items now I'm in cool off mode until the summer.

Reactions: Overland 505

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I miss mt WJ.. it was a 2004 with 4.0 and only had 90k on it when I bought it, this thing was show-room clean. I lifted it 3in, slapped 32in Duratracs on it, roof rack and lights and loved it! Now I own an XJ and love it more, except I really miss how comfortable my WJ was. Sadly, Red Riding Hood was totaled a year ago :(

Here she is, with my parents sitting on it when we went to get our Christmas tree a couple years ago.
Capture.PNG

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

picking up a iro 4" lift, and some core 4x4 adjustable control arms soon
also gonna get a btf dana 30 diff cover in the diy variety.
also gonna be selling my front and rear bumpers to pick up the hkoffroad hidden winch mount, and gatekeeper 2. then whatever money is left ill use to buy steel tubing to make a rear bumper and finish up the front one.

Reactions: Overland 505

Overland 505

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Member #

picking up a iro 4" lift, and some core 4x4 adjustable control arms soon
also gonna get a btf dana 30 diff cover in the diy variety.
also gonna be selling my front and rear bumpers to pick up the hkoffroad hidden winch mount, and gatekeeper 2. then whatever money is left ill use to buy steel tubing to make a rear bumper and finish up the front one.
I like the Gatekeeper, been thinking about making something similar.

Reactions: timberwolf_120

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

can anyone with a v8 wj take a quick measurement for me?
I need the battery location measured.
basically from the rubber seal to the condenser (or whatever the silver thing is lol) back by the coolant reservoir, and then from the fuse box to the a/c line.
width by length.
thanks to anyone who can do this.

Overland 505

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Member #

can anyone with a v8 wj take a quick measurement for me?
I need the battery location measured.
basically from the rubber seal to the condenser (or whatever the silver thing is lol) back by the coolant reservoir, and then from the fuse box to the a/c line.
width by length.
thanks to anyone who can do this.
Mines a 4.0. Not sure it's the same.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk