• HTML tutorial

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Finally got a break in the rain today to snap some pics.

I picked up the nib ARB compressor on OfferUp, they also threw in the pump up kit and a JK synergy mount all for $200.

Had to modify the bracket but made it work. Seriously fits like a glove in that pocket after you remove the evap canister.

Which I relocated for now across the engine bay between the a/c hard lines and coolant reservoir.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
man that's sweet wish I could move my evap canister to over there but I have some weird module with metal fins on it In that spot.
the search continues for a good spot to mount it lol

NWjeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Edmonds, WA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
England
Member #

I don't know how many of you guys have the 4.0L, but I just did the Bosch injector upgrade and all I can say is wow! My idle is smooth as butter, engine starts right up and even feels like it gets up and goes quicker. Seems to also maintain speeds on the freeway nicer, I would almost say it makes it feel like before the lift and tires went on. Still putting some miles on to see if I picked up any mpg's but not holding my breath.

Overland 505

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Member #

I don't know how many of you guys have the 4.0L, but I just did the Bosch injector upgrade and all I can say is wow! My idle is smooth as butter, engine starts right up and even feels like it gets up and goes quicker. Seems to also maintain speeds on the freeway nicer, I would almost say it makes it feel like before the lift and tires went on. Still putting some miles on to see if I picked up any mpg's but not holding my breath.

Part numbers or what are they off of?

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

NWjeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Edmonds, WA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
England
Member #

Here's a pretty good thread about them.
https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/2000-jeep-injector-swap-questions-85346/
I pulled these guys off a Chrysler Town & Country at the local junkyard and brought them home and gave them a nice cleaning and threw on some new o-rings. P/N 0 280 155 789. Here's a quick YouTube video showing the spray patterns. If you can't find them at the junkyard there are some sites that sell rebuilt ones for something like $140.

Reactions: Overland 505

sapietrzak

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Pietrzak
I have heard about the injector upgrade. Might need to do that.

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

I h

I have a set of 24lb 4-hole sitting on the table in the garage. How labor intensive was it?

NWjeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Edmonds, WA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
England
Member #

Super easy, about an hour if you take your time. 8mm worm gear clamp on intake. Quick disconnect on the fuel rail (will need special tool). 2x 10mm bolts and the throttle cables and bracket can be moved, then 6x 10mm bolts holding the fuel rail in. Just remember to pull fuel pump fuse and start it a couple times to relieve the fuel pressure.

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
I miss my '04 WJ. A couple years back I hit an icy patch on a bridge, did a 540, hit the guard rail, and rolled down the embankment about 4 or 5 times before it landed on it's wheels. The car was totaled but me and the dog walked away with nothing but scratches. That car was way more awesome than the WK I replaced it with :(

P6290033.JPG 2012-11-30_09-27-30_250.jpg

Last edited:

NWjeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Edmonds, WA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
England
Member #

It's a love hate relationship

I agree lol. But my WJ has been way more nice to me than my old XJ!

Anyone done anything to their WJ lately? I'm gonna have a little install day tomorrow, putting in a new radiator/ hoses and some factory Overland edition rock rails I picked up at the junkyard. Also have an ARB bumper on order, hopefully here next Friday

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

i got a laundry list of parts to install soon as I get back state side in like 8 or 9 days ^^ hoping that a battery isn't on that list, its been sitting for the past 4 months untouched lol

I agree that it is a love hate relationship, my ram had a lot less headaches then this pig does, but getting 8mpg running premium fuel started to kill my wallet lol especially when gas prices hit over 5 bucks where I live.

Overland 505

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Member #

Mine has computer issues. Been chasing it for a while. Got o2 sensor codes but can't figure out what is causing them. It's going in the shop Monday. First time be ever had to take a vehicle I own to get worked on.

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
Does anyone know if anyone sells rear axle shafts for the wjs with the bearing and seal allready pressed on?

OB # 2916
I have seen them listed on Amazon, O'Reilly's, and RockAuto.com. You have to look carefully, but if they are over $200, they generally have everything pressed on already...

Reactions: Overland 505