Reactions: The GrooGrux King

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

Looks good!

The moog replacement bushings in my A Arm haven't lasted even 2 years and I have been thinking about getting the IRO arm.
Did you consider the upgraded joints over the bushings on the body side?
Nope! I’m a rubber bushing on the body side kind of guy. Flex joints everywhere else.

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
Mommas rig. ‘02 Limited. QD. Jasper Reman 4.7 HO last month. Iron Rock Critical Path LA front on Clayton 4.5” HD springs. JCR sliders. We have had her for about 5 years now. Enjoy it enough to drop coin on a reman after 202K on the ticker. Returned a running core. It sees cool places now and then...but currently farts around town and down to the lake on weekends. BC9D84F3-6CCF-4A26-8291-D69C1B40D642.jpeg0163FED2-6958-4DA3-B765-A3B1650A4256.jpeg

Last edited:

Stepsride

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Palm Harbor FL
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stepkoski
Member #

How is the Iron Rock Critical path holding up. I have been looking just to do the front end with the long arm. I am thinking it would improve the offroad ride

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
How is the Iron Rock Critical path holding up. I have been looking just to do the front end with the long arm. I am thinking it would improve the offroad ride
I really enjoy it. The ability to set caster is a nice feature. I would install again. Remember, once you go with the high clearance option, there is no going back....stuff gets cut out of the way.

Reactions: Stepsride

Rav0506

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Beaverton Oregon
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Herman
First Post! Just joined and I have a WJ I inherited from my folks. It was stock back in October then I got the Overland bug.

4 inch Long Arm front and rear
Dual stabalizer
JCR Rock Sliders
Rola rack with extension
265/70 General Grabber X3
Redhead Steering Gear
All new Moog Greasable TREs
Terraflex Ball joints

On Order : Kratos Spare Tire Carrier

On the horizon:
Front Winch Bumber (HK Krawler, Trail Forged Stubby, or HK hidden... still deciding)
Lights, lots of lights
Snorkel (Trying to come up with a cleaner option)

Attachments

Reactions: 9Mike2 and MoreGone

Rav0506

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Beaverton Oregon
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Herman
Great upgrades! You went all out. Everything black looks great with that color
I wish I could claim responsibility for the aesthetic. I was going to do bronze or silver wheels but my other half said they needed to be black and since this is our off pavement rig it makes sense to hide the dirt and brake dust with dark wheels. Thanks for the compliment!

jeepman

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Columbia, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Tracy
Last Name
Duke
Member #

I am fairly new on here. We definitely speak WJ at our house! Both of the lifted ones are mine. I sold the brown Laredo to buy the 04 Overland because it had low miles. The black one is my daughters.

Attachments

Stepsride

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Palm Harbor FL
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stepkoski
Member #

I have about 10k on an Iron Rock Offroad 3 inch suspension lift on an 04 WJ Overland edition. I am happy with the quality of of the lift but I the limiting factor are the very short front control arms. The ride is affected by the short suspension travel. I am looking to do a long arm kit upfront. I am curious to hear what long arms people are running on their daily driver / overlanding WJ?

Reactions: 9Mike2

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

I have about 10k on an Iron Rock Offroad 3 inch suspension lift on an 04 WJ Overland edition. I am happy with the quality of of the lift but I the limiting factor are the very short front control arms. The ride is affected by the short suspension travel. I am looking to do a long arm kit upfront. I am curious to hear what long arms people are running on their daily driver / overlanding WJ?
I do not have long arms, that said if I were going long arms I'd go with IROs Rock Link 3 front and 4 link rear. There are options these days such as Clayton which is very nice. Just pricey. Bang for buck is the IRO kit. IRO does occasional sales or free shipping that really make them a good deal IMO.

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
2004 with the 4.7 and QTII sitting on OME HD springs and Bilstein 5100 shocks with IRO extended sway bar end links. IRO high clearance trans crossmember and tcase skid plate (sitting in garage). I have an NP242Hd tcase sitting in my garage to rebuild with a SYE kit. JK 17" wheels with 31" Falken AT3W's. Fawkes Fab shackle tabs with bullbar relocation running a Texas Hunter bullbar with Amazon LED's and a custom tab for the CB antenna. Yakima LoadWarrior w/ extension running an ARB awning on FourTreks mounts. Breather extension in the works. Bout to address the sag in the rear end before much longer. Lots of interior mods.

GC_OXW.jpg