Launch Member

Member III

Elizabeth City, NC, USA
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Mitchell
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

I need to read back through this thread to learn about your bed rack. After carful consideration and thought... I am leaning towards going the rack route.

Reactions: Sonny Marton

Sonny Marton

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

I need to read back through this thread to learn about your bed rack. After carful consideration and thought... I am leaning towards going the rack route.
Thanks!

Just be sure to consider the height added by the rack and tent. I will likely end up going with a custom rack which will sit lower.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

The front end is almost finished, just a little more trimming to get me 100% happy.

There is a bit of work left to be done: radios, lights, rear bumper, skids, rear suspension, organize bed, and a few other odds and ends.

Then the trips start for the year, starting with Moab and Expo West.View attachment 55216

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app
What bumper mfg is that? Or is a custom job. I really like the pre runner bumpers but all i can find is the n fab ones.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Thanks looks like ill have to make my own if i want one, everyone is either sold out, a style i dont like or way too expensive for me to justify buying

Sonny Marton

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

I will be. I have added a fair amount of weight to the back of my truck, that alone warrants a regear (4.10). So 4.56 should be right for 35's for my truck
I just feel the 4.56 may be too much and set me at a high rpm on the freeway, currently my mpgs drop after going over 65 mph.

I do feel that my torque converter is weak on some starts, and my truck definitely isnt light so 4.56 may be better to get me better acceleration.

Ignoring weight a 4.01 would get back to stock final drive when you factor in the 35s, so a 4.10 would just about meet that, but the added weight may justify 4.56.

great08

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elizabeth City, NC, USA
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Mitchell
That is a hard call to make. Stock gear ratio should be just fine. However, a lower gear ratio will make life easier on the vehicle (entire drive train minus the axle ends) during acceleration during normal driving and off road, but add a little stress when cruising on the hwy.

I would have to sit and think about it for a while on that one. Just to figure out what is best for your needs based on how you use the vehicle most.

I suppose for my needs I would lean heavily towards stock gear ratio for all of the hwy driving I do... and to keep the stress off of the weak point in the whole system while out on the trail. The front CV joints/half shafts on a IFS vehicle.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I was hesistant to reccommend 4.56s because it sounds like such a huge jump but it's really not, especially with our 8spds. The OEM gearset is so high it's borderline silly. The Taco guys do 4.88s at minimum and even 5.29s when they go up to 35s.

Check out Max's install and thoughts.

Sonny Marton

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

I was hesistant to reccommend 4:56s because it sounds like such a huge jump but it's really not, especially with our 8spds. The OEM gearset is so high it's borderline silly. The Taco guys do 4:88s at minimum and even 5:29s when they go up to 35s.

Check out Max's install and thoughts.

I have a 6 speed diesel... but I'll have to do some more research before I decide. Performance 4.56, but fuel mileage 4.10

Reactions: great08 and JCWages