Colorado Diesel 4x4 Long Travel build

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

Hi Sonny!

Nice truck you have! I also have a 17 Dmax Colorado. I will follow your thread and watch your build! Hopefully you wont mind if I steal some ideas from you!

I see you got new fenders. Is this to allow for larger tires eventually?

Colorado owners unite!

Reactions: Andrew24

Sonny Marton

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Hi Sonny!

Nice truck you have! I also have a 17 Dmax Colorado. I will follow your thread and watch your build! Hopefully you wont mind if I steal some ideas from you!

I see you got new fenders. Is this to allow for larger tires eventually?

Colorado owners unite!
Yup, I have 35" Falkens in the garage. Should be on the truck by the end of the week.

No worries ask and steal away

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app

Traveler I

Sonny,

Great photos!

So a question for you. If I am on a limited budget, what should I proitize first? I haven't taken my truck to any trails (yet), as I am in the process of searching for stuff around my area, Georgia isn't the west by any means.

But if there is a certain order to do upgrades in, what would you recommend first?

Thanks!

Josh

Edit: I was actually looking at doing the Leitner ACS first with all the bells and whistles to increase the cargo space and make the truck look a little better.

Last edited:

Sonny Marton

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sonny,

Great photos!

So a question for you. If I am on a limited budget, what should I proitize first? I haven't taken my truck to any trails (yet), as I am in the process of searching for stuff around my area, Georgia isn't the west by any means.

But if there is a certain order to do upgrades in, what would you recommend first?

Thanks!

Josh

Edit: I was actually looking at doing the Leitner ACS first with all the bells and whistles to increase the cargo space and make the truck look a little better.
I don't know if I'm the best person to ask for priorities as I typically go all out.

There are a few write ups online about the essentials for overlanding, you could start there.

As for the Leitner rack, it's a nice piece but pricey. I think there are now other options.

Sonny Marton

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Started at the south end and headed north on Grasshopper Rd.

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/2687-grasshopper-road

Then once we hit the start of Badger Lake Rd we took it in and out (camped at the base),

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/2686-badger-lake-road

Once we got back to the start of Badger Lake Rd we finished Grasshopper Rd by going North.

At the intersection with Bennett Pass Rd, we decided to head back south on Grasshopper Rd as the snow was 8+" and didn't want to change anything as we weren't prepared.

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app