Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver, CO
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

Awesome build, I'd love to see if the fenders would fit my ZR2 without fiddling with the stock suspension, apart from wheel spacers (until i can afford wheels with less backspacing) and larger tires. How was the install? Would you mind sharing how much the paint job ran you? This seems to be an amazing option without tearing apart the ZR2 suspension I paid for...especially since its 2" higher and 3" wider than a stock Z71 already!

Sent from my SM-T580 using OB Talk mobile app

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Nice rig. Wasn't sure if I was going to like the fenders, but with them painted, it looks really good.

Reactions: Sonny Marton

Sonny Marton

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Awesome build, I'd love to see if the fenders would fit my ZR2 without fiddling with the stock suspension, apart from wheel spacers (until i can afford wheels with less backspacing) and larger tires. How was the install? Would you mind sharing how much the paint job ran you? This seems to be an amazing option without tearing apart the ZR2 suspension I paid for...especially since its 2" higher and 3" wider than a stock Z71 already!

Sent from my SM-T580 using OB Talk mobile app
They will fit the ZR2, just need to come up with a solution for the bumper cap portion (the factory bumper will be a little narrower in that location I would think). Paint job I did at my dad's paint and body shop, for the front and rear fenders I would expect to pay somewhere around 2000.

ZR2inCO

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver, CO
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

They will fit the ZR2, just need to come up with a solution for the bumper cap portion (the factory bumper will be a little narrower in that location I would think). Paint job I did at my dad's paint and body shop, for the front and rear fenders I would expect to pay somewhere around 2000.
$2k?! Woof...having a shop must have come in HUGE there, your truck looks great

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Welcome.

Forgive me for saying this, but what is so special about the LS engines?

Seems they are swapped into every possible vehicle these days (no disrespect, I love the 300ZX as a plattform)

As for the Colorado, is that a midsize or a fullsize truck?

Andrew24

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

GTA Ontario
Member #

Welcome.

Seems they are swapped into every possible vehicle these days (no disrespect, I love the 300ZX as a plattform)

LS motors are reliable and capable of big power while maintaining said reliability, the colorado is a midsize truck. nearly identical in size to the tacoma

darthyota

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Welcome.

They're cheap, they can make big power in stock form. (a bone stock 4.8l made 1200-1300hp after is was picked from a junk yard history unknown. https://www.google.ca/amp/www.hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-1109-stock-gm-ls-engine-big-bang-theory/amp/ ) You can get parts for them every where and they come from as small as 4.8l to as large as 7l in stock form and any where from 275hp to well over 600hp, they do this while still maintaining reasonable fuel mileage. And they are dimensionally very compact which allows them to fit in pretty much everything.

dolli310

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Halifax, NS
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dollimont
Member #

This is one beaut of a Colorado man. It gets better and better with every post. I can only imagine the teething problems :fearscream: