What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial
E

Eric the Eric

Last thing I bought was upper and lower control arms, inner and outer tie rod ends, Rotors, wheel hubs, sway bar links, sway bar bushings, and rear leaf springs. (My poor wallet- and now poor me). Next after I put all that in will be a bed rack for the truck (will probably farmer weld it myself) and a winch.

Oh overland Gods! Why have you forsaken me with a love of expensive hobbies?!

Vantams

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Plain City, Utah
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Tams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7UFV
The last thing I bought for the rig was wheel hubs and extended brake lines, but after my last trip it looks like I'll buying control arms, upper and lower! The front end is ready for it.

Schake

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ellicott City, MD, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Schaffer
Member #

Both of those are extremely useful! It does take a bit of work to get the attic set up correctly, but once you do it’s probably the most useful addition to the Jeep. I keep my sleeping bags, down jackets, and rain wear up there full time.

If it’s not lining up correctly you may want to call BROG. They’re awesome to work with!
Hi SABJKU ,
Did call BROG to learn the secret to installing it correctly. Helpful, but why don't they include that info up front??? Wasted a lot of time for no good reason.

Look forward to making good use of it going forward.

Talk about terrific add ons, check out Front Runner Rope Light. OMG! It's fabulous.
Got mine thru Backwoods Overland, just up the road in Mt Airy, MD.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Hi SABJKU ,
Did call BROG to learn the secret to installing it correctly. Helpful, but why don't they include that info up front??? Wasted a lot of time for no good reason.

Look forward to making good use of it going forward.

Talk about terrific add ons, check out Front Runner Rope Light. OMG! It's fabulous.
Got mine thru Backwoods Overland, just up the road in Mt Airy, MD.
Glad to hear you got it all sorted.

Couldn't find that Rope Light anywhere on Front Runner.

Schake

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ellicott City, MD, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Schaffer
Member #

Call Nick at BWO.

Call Nick at BWO, 443 375 1691.
Very reasonable price and sooo flexible: dimmable, 12v plug, about 4ft of LEDs, carabiners on each end, Velcro strap on each end, Velcro straps along length (to hang from /pipe/branch), 18 ft cord to run to RTT or ground tent or wherever.

Will try to send photo of it in action after recent trip. Can't see the light itself because it's run between FR roof rack support, and it hangs just below the roof.

Attachments

jimbofoxman

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Oshtemo Township, MI, USA
Member #

Been tossing around the idea of a Tepui RTT. Now REI has gone and done it. 20% off one item through the 27th, plus you get you dividend next spring......so saving like $420 with no shipping cost. Making it very tough to hold off for a bit. I would need to get some sort of rack for it still and I don't think an inexpensive rack system exists out there to get me by for a while.

Reactions: sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Snorkel looks terrific! Somebody did nice work.
It wasn't me. I didn't trust cutting into my own hood:tearsofjoy:!

I had OCD Offroad in Stafford, VA do all the work. Great group of guys, and great work! They stuck to their original quote, did a great job on the installation of everything, and finished right on time.

Reactions: Desert Runner

Lead K9

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Franklin Park, Illinois
First Name
Lead
Last Name
Dog
Member #

Bought a driver's side mirror for my JKUR. The original cracked somehow. When I attempted to readjust it, the darn thing came off in my hand. Replaced it and all is back to normal. I never realized how much I use that mirror until it was gone. The spare takes up a good amount of the rear view, so I use the outside mirrors more than I imagined.

I also bought an axe for when I play bush craft. It is a Hults Bruk Akka Forester's Axe. I'm pretty excited to try it out this weekend. While it will be for camping and bush craft, the axe will live in the Jeep and see off-road duty too. Woo hoo!

Reactions: Schake and JimInBC

Flamewave

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakdale, CT
First Name
John
Last Name
Matusiak
Member #

Installed the CRDSTU rear HD coils, finally leveled out my ride.

I have Rocky Road Outfitters rocksliders and a winch bumper on the way, they should be done fabbing those in a week or so. Still need to buy a winch, but I gotta do some saving for that.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Just finished installing my Goose Gear rear seat delete for my 2nd Gen Tacoma Trd. So newly released that there was a slight delay in making it and no instructions to go with it. Great product and gave me tons more cargo space. View attachment 99093View attachment 99094
Very nice, well organized', Is that unit made specifically for your vehicle brand or is a custom unit ?

Reactions: Chadlyb