What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Exactly. With the lift, my truck now doesn't even fit through the garage door. Although I can drive into the barn, I'll never store anything I want to keep nice in there.

Set up and seasoned the canvas. View attachment 100299View attachment 100300
I like it. It has more room inside than my scamp trailer that I cant take just anywhere. I'm working to have two different set ups and two different rigs. My Ford Escape and my 13 foot scamp is one (the Escape is all wheel drive and about as low as the Scamp) that's for moderate off road travels. The second is My Land Rover Discover 2 that is higher, more aggressive tires, has all wheel drive plus low range transfer case, and can travel trails anywhere confidently. That is when I want a tent. I first started with the idea of sleeping in that rig but decided it would be to crowded with the kitchen taking up so much needed space. Id love to have a tent set up like your but I am only one person and don't need that much space. I think the G5 Gazelle will meet all of my requirements because it is like a convertible. It can be set up with just the 4 screened sides or you can attach sides that come with it for bad weather and more privacy. I like having head space at my age. I'm glad there is such a good choice of tents on the market. When I was young a sleeping bag and a tarp provided all I needed, but that was the good old days when drinking water from any mountain stream was safe, a camp fire would and could suffice, cold drinks were a luxury hardly anyone could afford. I still have my old, old, Coleman two bulb liquid gas lantern that provides all the light any one could need. Excuse the rambling of this old man, it's too easy to go back in time when the times were so good.

Patriot

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

90 watt Zamp solar suitcase for the Zamp ready InTech Flyer Pursue we have on order.
C52B0914-45F7-4245-97B0-145232D92540.jpeg
New Honda Handi EU3000i for remote power.
F0543B49-6831-4C6D-A11E-407928757F06.jpeg

A custom set of magnetic screens set for our Intech Pursue doors.
8F3DE65D-DA69-4E16-8E37-20668B867356.png

Last edited:
Reactions: roots66

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
90 watt Zamp solar suitcase for the Zamp ready InTech Flyer Pursue we have on order.
View attachment 100345
New Honda Handi EU3000i for remote power.
View attachment 100344

A custom set of magnetic screens set for our Intech Pursue doors.
View attachment 100349
I gave $89 for my Harbor freight 900 watt generator, bought a second one for backup. (They are on sale until sept. 2019) Those screens are worth their weight in gold, I hate bugs and biting fly's or any fly for that matter. When your out in the boon docks on a dark night sitting or laying in your rig, the last thing you want are light bugs all over you and in your face. I cant knock the little tear drop if you can afford to buy one, I believe you do. If you've read my previous post you know how I feel about buying trailers like yours. Not because I don't like them , I love them, but because I think the manufactures are ripping buyers off on price, especially lately, it has become a fad thing for many, which means sellers make it unaffordable too low life like me. Sellers take advantage of those that can afford them ! (only my opinion folks)

Reactions: Magic Mike

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Last things bought Tembo tusk skottle and a 90 watt zamp solar panel. Got a great deal on the panel and can now charge batteries with running the Jeep woohoo!
First class, I've just got to figure s cheaper way to go. If anyone knows please clue me in.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Last things bought Tembo tusk skottle and a 90 watt zamp solar panel. Got a great deal on the panel and can now charge batteries with running the Jeep woohoo!
BIW a good old fashion Wak does the same thing as a Tembo for a fraction of the cost and takes up less space, sets on a cheapo Coleman single burner camp stove.

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

My old med kit bag was getting pretty dingy so I picked up a new one online and just moved all the supplies from the old one. Nice bag for $9!

8F09DA5F-0E51-4C64-8CA9-BBF3D823067C.jpeg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
what kinda gas mileage do you think you will get ? I guess that was a dumb question since you probably already have 4.88 and know the answer.
What is your hwy cruising speed. I had a Ford Torino years ago with 4.88's and @ 50 mph I was over 4000 rpms. I got maybe 5 mpg with that old 429 cobra jet.