Launch Member

Member III

Wewoka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

Looks good and with lots of storage. Is that a piano hinge in about the middle for access to storage behind the seat?
It’s actually just a piece of aluminum angle, the front piece is fully separate so it can be removed for the back seats. I wanted it wider than the box, so unfortunately I couldn’t hinge it back over the drawers. The way it is at the moment I just lift it up to get under the front section, I just have a wooden “T” under it for support, so it’s mostly open under there.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
It’s actually just a piece of aluminum angle, the front piece is fully separate so it can be removed for the back seats. I wanted it wider than the box, so unfortunately I couldn’t hinge it back over the drawers. The way it is at the moment I just lift it up to get under the front section, I just have a wooden “T” under it for support, so it’s mostly open under there.
Hinged or not it's great that you have access to all that space. Thanks for getting back to me.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Installed a new head unit out of the 17-20 super duties into my 16 and planned out brackets for installing my new bump stops on the truck.

Here are the napkin designs.
View attachment 137637
I have the same napkin, it resides as my log book in my Bronco.

Reactions: Munga Brown

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Getting tired of pushing snow with the bumper View attachment 136785

So I did a little trimming , still need to do a little more shaping and then paint it black after I get the fog lights remounted to it but hoping it will help
View attachment 136786
Really nice job and should help. Wish my LRD2 was as easy to solve, It took a new off road bumper for me.

Last edited:

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Put on the new Trasharoo. It's kind of a PITA because they aren't really designed for Pajeros and their weird spare tire situation, but it's doable. I'm sure with enough on and off practice, I'll have it down to a science. Last hurdle is to figure out how to attach my supplemental license plate to the outside of it because, as it is, the bag covers the permanent plate and the Kiwi cops don't like that none too much.

60219687169--003C9260-AE58-4036-BCCE-EC87EC55E103.JPG

Edit: Done!
IMG-1703.jpg

Last edited:

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Swapped out the Rigid Hyperspots for KC Flex LED Quads. Hella bright. Better fitment for the size of the Tundra as well. Diggin it.

Hyperspots will go behind the grill soon. They reach out far, really far, and extremely bright.View attachment 137532View attachment 137533View attachment 137534View attachment 137535
I would seriously consider security nuts on those lights. Those will disappear in a heartbeat in the wrong place. I use these for my IPF's, but I prk outside year round in a downtown. No issues yet.

RoadTrip1

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake Helen, FL, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Hyde
Member #

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Taking care of the last bits to get the 76 Cherokee daily driveable again. Last on list, tend to what manifests as a random sticking closed float needle. Tap on carb, crank, and good to go again and running very good! Sounds typical of a stuck needle......So opened the 4350 carb to install new needle and seat. Ugh! Found float pivot came undone and metering rod system came unscrewed. And a little damage to the float. Not sure how it ran very well and never once flooded???? Looks like I will have a little fun finding calibration again.
The good news is I have a 2150 and manifold if I need it, or just burn the credit card and finally install a Howell TBI. But I'll give this a go first...

P_20200201_105157.jpeg

edit: well I was feeling pretty dam defeated, but after a little talk with myself and inspecting parts, all was repairable. Careful reading of the TSM found all the adjustment answers. Stretching a spring and a little disturbance to the threads assures the metering system won't back out again. Drilling the float pin and installing a clip makes sure the pin can't ever fall out. The old beast is back on the road.

float pin.PNG

Edit: Feb 15- Carb kit finally got here. Pulled the carb off to address the remaining issues. Most importantly when I had it apart last time I found the remanufacturer left out the accelerator pump check ball and retainer. And pulling it apart this time I noticed the remanufacturer double gasketed the top plate (didn't see that last time). Bad idea, this changes the whole metering rod lever pivot point and fuel curve. No wonder it was pretty far off lean when set to the TSM specs.
To my disappointment the carb kit did not have a check ball retainer spring. So with a little music wire from work I made one. Now assembled with one top plate gasket, a working accelerator pump, and correct metering rod control geometry, the carb runs pretty damn well. I'll have to do final tune of the metering system on an exhaust gas analyzer sometime before the next smog, but that's not a problem....while I had it on the bench I replaced a plug on the top plate with a screw setup so I can access the metering rod adjustment without taking the carb apart. It took a 1/4-28 tap perfectly.

Top Off.jpgSpring.jpg

Last edited:

anotherJeep

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Birmingham, Alabama
First Name
Cullen
Last Name
S
Member #

IMG_2342.JPG
found a place to keep the traction mats when not in use. Cheap cargo net from amazon. A little bit of back and forth adjustment and got it to sit perfectly, a couple of inches from the roof.

also fixed passenger side brake line bracket I broke when getting stuck a couple weeks back with some spare picture-hanging hardware I found in a drawer. It's stronger than factory at least...

next couple of weeks will have the lift and wheels in, which will be fun