Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Just in time for Christmas ! Merry Christmas Michael...
I hope, even so, I won’t be able to start the project until April, unless I can use a friend’s shop. Which might be possible for trade to work on a few of his rigs getting them ready for rafting season.

AL.WVSN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Al
Last Name
Mofo
Member #

Did you get your new rig yet ? Will the equipment you removed from the LRD be usable on your new rig ?
Not yet - I will be receiving it in May 2020. Most likely I will buy all new stuff for it. If I cant sell the LRD2 for what I'm asking, I'm just going to keep it and let my family/friends use it if they ever want to go 'overlandingxcamping'

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Not yet - I will be receiving it in May 2020. Most likely I will buy all new stuff for it. If I cant sell the LRD2 for what I'm asking, I'm just going to keep it and let my family/friends use it if they ever want to go 'overlandingxcamping'
Good luck with both, I had no idea it took so long to get a new SUV these days of over production.

Bob (Fishingbob)

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Aransas Pass, Texas
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Burton
Member #

Just returned from five days on PINS (Padre Island National Seashore) Texas. I ran the beach south 65 miles, down to the Port Mansfield cut-weather was perfect! Fishing was great, star gazing -excellent, just listening to the coyotes at night was great and fireflies at night-what ! I can't wait to get down there again. Texas's little hideaway.
Bob
IMG_1223.jpg

RJFJR

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lafayette, CA, USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Fleischmann
Member #

There’s nothing better than working on the car in the garage during a torrential downpour, so i unboxed the SwitchPros SP9100 to add to my electrical panel. I had previously installed a relay/fuse box on a PowerTray panel, but I wasn’t excited about adding a lot of dash switches in the few blank panels i had available and the SwitchPros 8 switch panel seemed like an elegant solution. The PowerTray will continue to power accessories that have their own on/off switch like CB, HAM and Compressor, but I’ll be adding more lights soon so needed something neat and tidy on the dash. SDHQ offers a laser cut dash panel for the left side of the steering wheel on the 4Runner, so that was the deciding factor to move forward.

Starting with the SDHQ Dash panel
CFD4F29C-8B97-431F-A79B-DC1D39FD6ACF.jpeg

I assembled the switch pros pad and trimmed a bit off the opening in the dash to accept the new panel. The instructions were very clear and the SDHQ panel fit like stock.

DA9FA89D-680B-4F9E-9858-F13047C774FD.jpeg27E9499C-350A-4552-8B7C-430D7DC0EDEC.jpeg

544F86C4-D920-4783-8404-B45FECECC4AD.jpeg

The previous panel installation included a 6x wiring harness through the firewall, so this accommodates the ignition and light trigger wires (blue and white) to bring them into the car to connect to circuits using two Add a Fuse connectors.

CCC8E049-4F9D-4C8D-8174-C42628206C45.jpeg

I velcroed a bus bar for the switch power connections to the top of the fuse box for lack of a better place to put it for now.

E85B5DB3-7995-4AD3-9E76-48315B9B2CF7.jpeg

The Switch Pros panel is very easy to configure using the App, including changing the panel color to match the dash.

2E48A1CA-128D-4A02-B6A2-43C2D8AC6B47.jpeg

Here’s the wiring diagram. The only change I made was to wire the Ditch Light switch relay to a 20A pole (switch 1) instead of bypassing the relay off of a 35A pole. It’s a 45A relay, so I figured i still needed it.

F6EB9F38-72F2-475F-AF7D-5F242631B2E7.jpeg

it was a great afternoon project and wonderful to hear the rain pounding the roof while i worked. I hope everyone managed to stay dry or get really muddy!

Attachments

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
There’s nothing better than working on the car in the garage during a torrential downpour, so i unboxed the SwitchPros SP9100 to add to my electrical panel. I had previously installed a relay/fuse box on a PowerTray panel, but I wasn’t excited about adding a lot of dash switches in the few blank panels i had available and the SwitchPros 8 switch panel seemed like an elegant solution. The PowerTray will continue to power accessories that have their own on/off switch like CB, HAM and Compressor, but I’ll be adding more lights soon so needed something neat and tidy on the dash. SDHQ offers a laser cut dash panel for the left side of the steering wheel on the 4Runner, so that was the deciding factor to move forward.

Starting with the SDHQ Dash panel
View attachment 130152

I assembled the switch pros pad and trimmed a bit off the opening in the dash to accept the new panel. The instructions were very clear and the SDHQ panel fit like stock.

View attachment 130155View attachment 130156

View attachment 130157

The previous panel installation included a 6x wiring harness through the firewall, so this accommodates the ignition and light trigger wires (blue and white) to bring them into the car to connect to circuits using two Add a Fuse connectors.

View attachment 130161

I velcroed a bus bar for the switch power connections to the top of the fuse box for lack of a better place to put it for now.

View attachment 130158

The Switch Pros panel is very easy to configure using the App, including changing the panel color to match the dash.

View attachment 130151

Here’s the wiring diagram. The only change I made was to wire the Ditch Light switch relay to a 20A pole (switch 1) instead of bypassing the relay off of a 35A pole. It’s a 45A relay, so I figured i still needed it.

View attachment 130160

it was a great afternoon project and wonderful to hear the rain pounding the roof while i worked. I hope everyone managed to stay dry or get really muddy!
That’s an awesome mod. Nice and clean!

Reactions: eagle_A40

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Wow what an expensive week for my Bronco, I spent over 600 in parts for my transmission swap (still have a few parts to order, and get the trans parts shipped), then today spent almost 500 on new lights and parts to make an old school light bar. image.jpg

I still have 2 KC Apollo Pro spot lights coming, and the mounting feet for my DIY light bar.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I forgot to post but I added some $25 Harbor Freight 100w halogen driving lights to the front bumper to provide some distance lighting. I just don't have the mod budget for the high end lighting so these will do. I'll add a slim single row LED bar inside the DV8 bumper for more front fill and side lighting.

They reach further than my high beams which is nice.

The $25 spots. I was surprised to see how far they reach while driving at night.

kkriewald

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

Yesterday, removed back seats and left rear jump seat from the Disco. Removed the rear carpet and pad (very heavy with water from when my rear sunroof stuck open).

Today, got a buddy heater and set up for this weekends OB camp-out/ meet.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Yesterday, removed back seats and left rear jump seat from the Disco. Removed the rear carpet and pad (very heavy with water from when my rear sunroof stuck open).

Today, got a buddy heater and set up for this weekends OB camp-out/ meet.
Jealous. I need another OB campout. :)