What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Baipin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Do you have any idea how much weight you have added by the time you have two gas cans ?? and spare tire and all that heavy steel ? Will you have a trail trailer or camp trailer ?
I'm at about 75 lbs to give a conservative estimate of the entire bumper weight, and I've got 200 lbs to play with, going by tongue weight (though the identical Australian Forester has a listed tongue weight of 330 lbs - the only difference is they have a stock transmission cooler). With 1 wheel that's an additional 55 lbs. With my small gas can, another 30 lbs.

I'm not sure how the weight of the hitch itself plays into tingue weight calculations, but the average Forester receiver weighs about 30 to 40 lbs and offers the same tongue weights (I think the Aussie receiver is a bit larger).

The hitch itself won't really be used much for overlanding; that's more just for a small utility trailer around town.

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Yup, that time again. Hoping the bearings and VariLock hold together for one more big trip this April. Won't be able to have the replacement 44HD done in time. But hey, a shout out to Lubelocker differential gaskets for including the aluminum D44 in their lineup. I've had great luck with these gaskets!

P_20191220_134039.jpeg

Jeepmedic46

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Orange, Ma
First Name
William
Last Name
Domey
Member #

Today took my XJ out for a ride. No destination. Since I bought it it has spent most of the time in the shop. I’ve owned it 2 months and put a total of 50 miles on it. Took the pup with me and went for a drive of maybe 100 miles looking at some frozen over lakes.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Today took my XJ out for a ride. No destination. Since I bought it it has spent most of the time in the shop. I’ve owned it 2 months and put a total of 50 miles on it. Took the pup with me and went for a drive of maybe 100 miles looking at some frozen over lakes.
Time well spent IMO. :)

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I do that all the time. It's amazing what you can find in your own back yard.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE