Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

About an hour ago on rural highway 25, while driving home from visiting the parents, came across a Honda up to the rocker panels in the mud on the side of the windy road. Stopped to see if they were ok and ended up giving them a yank out with the WJ. It was 38 degrees, they had a toddler in the car, and help a long way off... and I had the gear. In the Christmas spirit I refused a " little something" from them, but they insisted, so in the darkness I pocketed it and continued home. Well it was a crisp 100, so that will replace the WJs windshield that took a rock an hour earlier. Funny how life works.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

About an hour ago on rural highway 25, while driving home from visiting the parents, came across a Honda up to the rocker panels in the mud on the side of the windy road. Stopped to see if they were ok and ended up giving them a yank out with the WJ. It was 38 degrees, they had a toddler in the car, and help a long way off... and I had the gear. In the Christmas spirit I refused a " little something" from them, but they insisted, so in the darkness I pocketed it and continued home. Well it was a crisp 100, so that will replace the WJs windshield that took a rock an hour earlier. Funny how life works.
Good karma. :)

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I reinstalled Rigid Sideshooter flood lights on the cowl and hit the inside of the frame and other critical areas with Fluid Film for winter rust protection. Man, that stuff STINKS! Lol!

I take the Rigids off in the summer so I can fold the windshield down, and I put them back on for winter or off-road trips. It takes about 10 minutes, so not a big deal, but the light they put out to the sides (flood pattern) is incredible! I can see animals on wooded and country roads that you'd never see otherwise.

Here is a pic...the yellow, btw, is just a cover. I run them for rock protection and snowfall, but for trails, I take the covers off.
Haha yeah working with fluid film is funny the garage smells as if a herd of sheep settled there for the winter :laughing:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
While playing in the snow yesterday I noticed that in 4Hi with traction control off but stability control on, the engine won't rev as high and the brakes are automatically applied. In 4Lo TC and SC are turned off and there are no nannies trying to ruin your fun. Now I just have to figure out how to turn both off in 2wd and 4Hi. :smilingimp:

Those Patties have great traction in the snow.
Didn't appear you had any problem in high range at all.

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

I added a RAM mount to the dash with a relatively inexpensive unit from Amazon. For 60 bucks, it included a two RAM balls, a RAM arm and a phone cradle. I used another RAM arm I had laying around for the Garmin Overlander. This mount allowed it to be lowered a couple inches compared to the standard windshield mount, improving visibility. Time will tell how it will hold up on the trail, but it does seem pretty solid. I'll probably use the phone cradle to hold my InReach unit.

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

Also, the little squares in the defrost vent are little plugs I bought to direct some of the defroster flow to the outer edges of the windshield. Jeeps, even the newest ones, are notorious for blowing the hot air disproportionately to the center while not having enough on the outer edges. I've tested them under fire once during a snowstorm and they seemed to work as desired.