Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

going thru all the fittings and fasteners on the camp trailer making sure they are tight and everything is ready to head to Big Bend for the Christmas holidays. less than week to go!
I am jealous, i have to go to indianapolis for christmas with my wifes family, after living there for 7 years i grew to hate indiana with a passion. So no fun stuff for me. Ive been depressed since thanksgiving knowing i have to go up there.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I am jealous, i have to go to indianapolis for christmas with my wifes family, after living there for 7 years i grew to hate indiana with a passion. So no fun stuff for me. Ive been depressed since thanksgiving knowing i have to go up there.
That's called Male Suffrage. :-)

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

That's called Male Suffrage. :-)
Yeah i suppose so for the last 8 and a half years ive been telling her i can only be gone 3 days before the animals need food and water and every year im forced to stay 5 days every year i have atleast 1 die either from lack of food water or coyotes which are getting thick and hungry the colder it gets . So My livestock will suffer too that will be eating at me the whole time. Along with the dfw area has been known to have christmas tornadoes so there is the gamble of do we have a home to come back to.

Reactions: JCWages

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Yeah i suppose so for the last 8 and a half years ive been telling her i can only be gone 3 days before the animals need food and water and every year im forced to stay 5 days every year i have atleast 1 die either from lack of food water or coyotes which are getting thick and hungry the colder it gets . So My livestock will suffer too that will be eating at me the whole time. Along with the dfw area has been known to have christmas tornadoes so there is the gamble of do we have a home to come back to.
I can relate, being an old cowboy from years back. I currently have chickens, they can go 3 days with the water and food supply but only if the skunks and coyote's don’t get to them knowing no one is around. We must be responsible for our animals. Besides, I have been told that after 3 days, guest begin to stink. So on day four I am on the road again. :-)

Reactions: eagle_A40

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Installed a new set of shoes on baby girl. :)

I'll get more pictures when the tire mould release film wears off. They're looking pretty ashy right now. lol

In the bay at America's Tire.
View attachment 131598
Those wheels are perfect for those tires. Are they new too ? What tire did you end up buying, it looks sharp.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Those wheels are perfect for those tires. Are they new too ? What tire did you end up buying, it looks sharp.
Thank, Jim! The wheels are not new. I've had them since the beginning of the year. They are 17x9s which is perfect for a 285 or 295. I went with the Milestar Patagonia M/T. I needed something more aggressive with a 3ply sidewall so I sold my Wildpeak AT3W while they were still worth a good amount.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Thank, Jim! The wheels are not new. I've had them since the beginning of the year. They are 17x9s which is perfect for a 285 or 295. I went with the Milestar Patagonia M/T. I needed something more aggressive with a 3ply sidewall so I sold my Wildpeak AT3W while they were still worth a good amount.
I may be kicking myself for not waiting for discount tire to get the Patagonia's stocked before I bought my Goodyears. The P's were my first choice and had really good ratings as well as being a bit more affordable. Maybe we can compare wear between the two down the line.
Have a Merry Christmas Justin

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I may be kicking myself for not waiting for discount tire to get the Patagonia's stocked before I bought my Goodyears. The P's were my first choice and had really good ratings as well as being a bit more affordable. Maybe we can compare wear between the two down the line.
Have a Merry Christmas Justin
I think you made a good choice. So far these are louder than my Wildpeaks and honestly more tire than is needed for most overlanding trails. I have delusional episodes of rock crawling so I wanted more protection.

Merry Christmas to you as well, my friend.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Thanks! I've welded plenty before, but this is my first time doing something for my rig. Very happy with how it's turned out!
Do you have any idea how much weight you have added by the time you have two gas cans ?? and spare tire and all that heavy steel ? Will you have a trail trailer or camp trailer ?