Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
McCloskey
Member #

Pulled some shrubs out to make room for a platform for my trash cans beside the house.

No problem at all for the truck of course, but I also pulled some old fence posts out of the ground and one flew into the back of the truck! [emoji32][emoji32] Could have come through the back glass if it didn't hit the tailgate first. Now I have a new dent on the top of the tailgate, but a new respect for things that are being pulled out of the ground. As they say, education is never free.

I am super lucky the dent is the only damage. Whew!

harv3589

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Alberta, Canada
Member #

Finally installed the Genesis dual battery system today. Was an easy install actually....

Also changed out rear diff oil...front is tomorrow.

Swapped out the crappy ARB diff breather lines for 5/16" fuel line. Much better now and tougher. They should do that for the kit to begin with.

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Pulled some shrubs out to make room for a platform for my trash cans beside the house.

No problem at all for the truck of course, but I also pulled some old fence posts out of the ground and one flew into the back of the truck! [emoji32][emoji32] Could have come through the back glass if it didn't hit the tailgate first. Now I have a new dent on the top of the tailgate, but a new respect for things that are being pulled out of the ground. As they say, education is never free.

I am super lucky the dent is the only damage. Whew!
Lay a blanket across the middle of the line and that should keep it from flying.

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

So I installed a 2.5" lift when I first bought my jeep, then after installing the tire carrier and front bumper the added weight was making my tires rub when I would off road, but everything else was perfect, so I went up to 3" lift springs with a heavier spring weight last week, it fixed my rubbing but have me a death wobble and a drive shaft whine. So I replaced the track bar for a longer one and eliminated most of the death wobble and whine but not all of it. I think I need to adjust the toe on my alignment, it seems a bit toe out and the shop manual calls for a 20 degree toe in, I think this will fix the death wobble. Might need to swap the driv shaft or drop the transfer case to fix the whine. Can't believe .5" height difference is having this much of a knock on effect. I'm starting to feel like I'm just chasing my tail.

Reactions: WCO_Ryan

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

So I installed a 2.5" lift when I first bought my jeep, then after installing the tire carrier and front bumper the added weight was making my tires rub when I would off road, but everything else was perfect, so I went up to 3" lift springs with a heavier spring weight last week, it fixed my rubbing but have me a death wobble and a drive shaft whine. So I replaced the track bar for a longer one and eliminated most of the death wobble and whine but not all of it. I think I need to adjust the toe on my alignment, it seems a bit toe out and the shop manual calls for a 20 degree toe in, I think this will fix the death wobble. Might need to swap the driv shaft or drop the transfer case to fix the whine. Can't believe .5" height difference is having this much of a knock on effect. I'm starting to feel like I'm just chasing my tail.
I think you're on the right track with a diff drop.

Flip

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Corona, CA.
Member #

Finally got my CB antenna that I've been looking for. 5 footer. Picked up radio traffic miles away. Awesome!
OB1468

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

I ordered a transfer case drop. Pretty annoyed by it, but if it fixes my vibrations and noise it will be worth. Of course I had to pick 4th of July weekend to order it so I won't see it until the middle of next week.

harv3589

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Alberta, Canada
Member #

Rotated tires today and finished up changing oil in the diffs. Put in Amsoil...

Also finally after the lights sitting on my work bench got them put into the rear bumper. A pain to do since I had to pull the muffler off so I could get at the nuts to tighten them up.

Reactions: benmmc

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

We drove to eastern Pennsylvania to drop our daughter off for summer camp, and did a little exploring in the area. We hiked a bit in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, and at @Lipek suggestion, explored Worthingto State Forest. We found several miles of gravel roads to drive, and I finally got to put the new 4Runner into 4WD (not because I had to, but to make sure everything works as it is supposed to.)

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Took the fiancées Crosstrek out for a day adventure down some forest service roads.
Always love seeing a Subaru in its natural environment.

A downside to owning and modding an Outback is that few manufacturers actually make parts for the wagon and none of them are kept in stock. So while I continue to wait for my lift, bumper guard, and other parts I guess I'll just keep ordering haha. Ordered a #murderspork, a pulaski, and fourtreks dual mounts to attach them to my load warrior. While I was abusing my Amazon prime I also ordered the adventure medical comprehensive mountain series kit to keep in the car. I had wanted to get a better kit but after reading some of the threads here I decided to spend the extra money now for a complete kit.

Reactions: Daniel Etter