Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

This widowmaker has been blocking vehicle access on this side of the Preserve for 3yrs. I finally had enough certified help today that it was time to remove it. I used my Motomoric 30'x3" recovery strap and D shackle hitch receiver. The road was steep, wet and muddy so I was trying to keep from tearing up the road. 4Wh Lo and steady throttle application made it all work despite the back end rising up as I pulled.

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
Well .... my rig and I continued to bond ever so greatly as I continue the process of cutting , soldering , and testing his new nervous system , messed with his new fuel delivery and visual outputs as I also wire in the Holley sniper and Dakota gauges

IMG_9625.JPG

Figure I’m about 50 % done next will be aux systems with there own independent fuse box to control aftermarket lights and on board air and water components

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Removed the old bumper so we could tack up this kit from coastal offroad in delta,bc. It went together so nicely. Price was great for a great product if you dont mind a little diy.View attachment 81927 View attachment 81926
Looks great! Are you going to do a write up on the install? Been looking hard at North West Trail innovations, and Coastal Off-road for their diy kits. But I don’t know how to weld yet [emoji23]

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

Looks great! Are you going to do a write up on the install? Been looking hard at North West Trail innovations, and Coastal Off-road for their diy kits. But I don’t know how to weld yet [emoji23]
Any write up would just be the same as the instructions. I can post some more pics of the progress if you want. I can't weld either, but i have friends who weld professionally and jumped at the chance to work with new and clean steel. What kind of truck are you putting a bumper on?

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Any write up would just be the same as the instructions. I can post some more pics of the progress if you want. I can't weld either, but i have friends who weld professionally and jumped at the chance to work with new and clean steel. What kind of truck are you putting a bumper on?
Yep I'd love to see more pics of the progress. I'm looking at doing a dual swingout rear bumper for my 4th Gen 4runner, probably next year. I'm probably going to just look at it as a reason to learn how to weld. Been on my list of stuff to try out for a long time. So hopefully by the end of this year I'll be able to acquire a cheap welder and start playing with it. That's the plan anyways.