Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Working on designing sliders for the rig and painting new fenders for the trailer.

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

Went out on Ft. Fisher beach to enjoy the day. Had to unstick two very stuck trucks who tried to the unstick each other. Maxtrax, ARB deflator, and a Viair pump made a statement. One truck was nose into the waves when it finally got moving. The other damaged the tranny. Air pressure is important. Lessons taught.IMG_20190119_143034_352.jpegKIMG2025.JPG16548.jpeg

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

You know you spend too much time looking at overlanding rigs when you start seeing overlanding gear on vehicles that are clearly not overlanders....

Driving through downtown Sacramento yesterday morning I saw an SUV about 20 cars ahead of me and from that distance I thought I saw a big roof top tent and a Trasharoo hanging off the back end. As I closed the distance it was clear I was wrong and then I just thought, WTF? lol

So I went home and cleaned out my truck because... :)

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
You know you spend too much time looking at overlanding rigs when you start seeing overlanding gear on vehicles that are clearly not overlanders....

Driving through downtown Sacramento yesterday morning I saw an SUV about 20 cars ahead of me and from that distance I thought I saw a big roof top tent and a Trasharoo hanging off the back end. As I closed the distance it was clear I was wrong and then I just thought, WTF? lol

So I went home and cleaned out my truck because... :)
Lol, now thats funny

Reactions: KDC and JCWages

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
Made my own $20 Jeep JK rear frame rail D rings using harborfreight hitch mount D anchors. They are bolted for now, but will be welded too. I'm really happy with the look, utility and I feel safe actually using them for recovery. DM me if you want details or measurements for drilling the holes. The method I used utilized already in place frame rail holes.

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Had some fun scouting an alternate road to my favorite offroading area near Bowman Lake.

The ruts were up to 16" deep and things start to go really wrong when you end up with a tire on the wrong side of the rut and a steep slope on one side.... Heheh

Otherwise I spent most of the time acting like a giant pinball.

Too wet and mushy to make this climb without just gunning it up.

I couldn't make it much beyond the "town" of Graniteville which was filled with Tacoma's. I had to back down the narrow trail for 1/4 mile then turn around and drive back past the Tacos with my tail between my legs. lol

Up around this bend the road got steeper and deeper so I had to admit defeat.

When I looked in my rear view mirror I swear I saw the Toyota grilles smiling. lol

Last edited: