What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Installed LED fog lights, added grip tape to the sliders to help grip while wet, made a shovel/ax mount with quick fist clamps and installed an EVO Protek HD Crossmember. Also got the backup camera almost up and running. Just need to lengthen the cable but can’t find any jack extensions smaller than the 3.5mm. Might order a 2.5mm online. I also got it washed at the auto car wash and found I actually fit. Great weekend.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Snow play day. Ran from Dutch Flat to Hwy 20 on Lowell Hill Road (10miles or so).

Once we got back on Hwy 20 I noticed a guy on the side of the road doing something to his front tire so I pulled along side to see if he was ok. Turns out one of the links on his snow chains had snapped. So we pulled over to assist and wouldn't you know it, I had removed all of my tools and misc fix type materials! Thankfully the guy had a pair of generic pliers and an extra rubber strap used to cinch tire chain tight against the wheel. I quickly removed a couple of the metal S links from the strap and used them to link the tire chain back together. We then followed him until the highway cleared up more.

All that off-road stuff and Trev slides into the ditch off the highway RIGHT in front of 2 Caltrans trucks. LOL They pulled him out and we were back on the road in less than 2min looking for another trail to run. :) Not a scratch to the Tacoma or Trevor. What's even more funny is once they unhooked the Tacoma I snapped another photo of Trev standing by his truck and that little Saturn? we rescued was driving by in the background. LOL

Last edited:

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Robert Jordan
Anyone know why it wont let me post a URL?
Not just you. I have issues posting Amazon URLs other eCommerce sites seem to work. For me it looks like the forum software tries to mutate the link into a media object that then does not show up.

Thank you for the screenshot, I was able to track down the product. Nice of them to post the dimensions, Now to see if it can fit where the SO wants the USB ports installed.

Boort

Reactions: Robert Jordan

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Thought about the work I need to do on the rig...lol. Got my replacement parts for my busted shock ordered and on the way, hopefully they get here in time for our Rally meetup on Saturday.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Not trying to be a jerk but aint this thread for what we did to our rigs, not where we went, since there are threads for trips already? Seems lately we are getting more and more trips on here, not maint/DIY stuff.

Ok sorry if this comes of as being a jerk.......

Jim

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Not trying to be a jerk but aint this thread for what we did to our rigs, not where we went, since there are threads for trips already? Seems lately we are getting more and more trips on here, not maint/DIY stuff.

Jim
I believe the original concept was whatever you did with your rig, applied stickers, fixed something, went somewhere, put a new rtt on, whatever it might be you did with your rig today.

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

Jim
It says with your rig, not to your rig. So it's like I went to the movies with your sister, not just I balled your sister last night.

Hope I'm not a jerk too.

Reactions: Shamu

great08

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elizabeth City, NC, USA
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Mitchell
I almost got a new steel bumper today. But the damn twine holding the giant mattress down held tight. :(

My meme

But this meme made up for it. Lmao!
I keep seeing deer on the way during my 52mi commute each way. Sooner or later... that will give me the excuse to get a bumper and high quality Diode dynamics LED headlight upgrade. Lol

I need to figure out how to get DD led reverse light upgrade as well... but without damage.

My wife caught me looking at them the other day... started yelling. :)

Sooo... some skids are put on order as of yesterday!

I recently put on the OB badge and did a DIY bed liner.
IMG_0864.JPG
IMG_0868.JPGIMG_0870.JPG

zach white

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Greenville, SC
Member #

I keep seeing deer on the way during my 52mi commute each way. Sooner or later... that will give me the excuse to get a bumper and high quality Diode dynamics LED headlight upgrade. Lol

I need to figure out how to get DD led reverse light upgrade as well... but without damage.

My wife caught me looking at them the other day... started yelling. [emoji4]

Sooo... some skids are put on order as of yesterday!

I recently put on the OB badge and did a DIY bed liner.
View attachment 81567
View attachment 81568View attachment 81569
In regards to you wanting led reverse lights, check out Sylvania zevos. Did brake, turn and reverse lights in the rear and parking lights in the front on my taco. Also did all led lights on the interior. One of the best, cheap upgrades I’ve ever done.

Edit-interior lights are a different brand. Can get back to you on that if you’re interested

Reactions: sabjku and great08