Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elizabeth City, NC, USA
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Mitchell
I almost got a new steel bumper today. But the damn twine holding the giant mattress down held tight. :(

My meme

But this meme made up for it. Lmao!
I keep seeing deer on the way during my 52mi commute each way. Sooner or later... that will give me the excuse to get a bumper and high quality Diode dynamics LED headlight upgrade. Lol

I need to figure out how to get DD led reverse light upgrade as well... but without damage.

My wife caught me looking at them the other day... started yelling. :)

Sooo... some skids are put on order as of yesterday!

I recently put on the OB badge and did a DIY bed liner.
IMG_0864.JPG
IMG_0868.JPGIMG_0870.JPG

zach white

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Greenville, SC
Member #

I keep seeing deer on the way during my 52mi commute each way. Sooner or later... that will give me the excuse to get a bumper and high quality Diode dynamics LED headlight upgrade. Lol

I need to figure out how to get DD led reverse light upgrade as well... but without damage.

My wife caught me looking at them the other day... started yelling. [emoji4]

View attachment 81567
View attachment 81568View attachment 81569
In regards to you wanting led reverse lights, check out Sylvania zevos. Did brake, turn and reverse lights in the rear and parking lights in the front on my taco. Also did all led lights on the interior. One of the best, cheap upgrades I’ve ever done.

Edit-interior lights are a different brand. Can get back to you on that if you’re interested

Reactions: sabjku and great08

great08

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elizabeth City, NC, USA
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Mitchell
In regards to you wanting led reverse lights, check out Sylvania zevos. Did brake, turn and reverse lights in the rear and parking lights in the front on my taco. Also did all led lights on the interior. One of the best, cheap upgrades I’ve ever done.

Edit-interior lights are a different brand. Can get back to you on that if you’re interested
I will check them out. Thanks! I want to get the reverse lights bright enough so as to make backing up @ night in the woods easier. I plan to leave everything else stock for a long while. Though I may eventually do LED brake lights a long time from now. Last on the list.

Reactions: zach white

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

My wife caught me looking at them the other day... started yelling. :)

View attachment 81567
View attachment 81568View attachment 81569
Why bedliner did you go with. I just ordered a raptor liner kit for mine. That looks good

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
View attachment 81561
Had to fix the front caliper and break line after I lost a bolt and the caliper hit the rim and scraped hard enough to let air out. Driving home with just the emergency break was fun. The rim needs to be replaced.
If you ever find yourself in this position again and are headed to get repairs, completely remove the caliper and pinch the soft line off with vice-grips. Zip tie the pliers to the line and secure it up where it won't contact the tire and you can drive like that. It'll probably destroy the brake hose but you'll have good braking but not destroy your parking brake.

I've used this on both a collapsed brake hose and a sticking caliper and have made the drive to where I could work on it with this "fix". You'll just have to completely remove the caliper if you've lost a mounting bolt.

tritonl

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Lukasz
Last Name
Mikula
Member #

When I was on the trail I could not figure out what it was, I did not want to crawl under the rig on 4 inches of mud. Everything was going well driving back with the e break. Limped home and took it all apart. The ridges break line broke in half between the caliper and the bracket.

great08

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elizabeth City, NC, USA
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Mitchell
Why bedliner did you go with. I just ordered a raptor liner kit for mine. That looks good
I went with the Rust-Oleum Professional Grade this time. It is a 2 part epoxy that claims to 4x tougher than their regular grade. Takes a long time to cure.. but seems extra tough. Seem tougher than the stuff I used with Kevlar last time.

Reactions: KDC

A-Aron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
I will check them out. Thanks! I want to get the reverse lights bright enough so as to make backing up @ night in the woods easier. I plan to leave everything else stock for a long while. Though I may eventually do LED brake lights a long time from now. Last on the list.
I'd recommend running a switch in place of or in conjunction with your reverse lights, that way you have the option to turn them on when you're not in reverse.. camp setup, etc.

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

I'd recommend running a switch in place of or in conjunction with your reverse lights, that way you have the option to turn them on when you're not in reverse.. camp setup, etc.
Can I just say that its awesome! ... I replaced my backup lights with 2x2 LED pods and love it. Plus when someone is blinding you their brights on you can give them a friendly (or not so friendly) flash. [emoji2]

Reactions: A-Aron

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

The caliper scratched the rim enough for air to start coming through, a bit longer it it could possibly cut the rim in half.
Wow. What bolt was it? Curious because I have a GX470 that has pretty much the same brakes.

zach white

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Greenville, SC
Member #

They would defiantly help with seeing to back up in the woods or at night, no doubt

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Fighting with getting the rig back to trail worthy. Finally got the yoke differental seal fixed and stopped leaking after a new seal and yoke. Now the shock. Where its mounted to the body is bent up, so I have to straighten that out now....blah...the things we do...lol