Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Cargo area 90% done

And finished the spod wiring

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Looks good. I am thinking about building a drawer system in the rear of my Wrangler. If it works out well, I'm going to do the same thing in my Grand Cherokee.

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

I drove it to the Chicago Auto Show and seen some nice vehicles with lots of potential.

Nissan Titan Diesel

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Attachments

Last edited:

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

Lol upside down much?

Also what is that first vehicle?? That's sick looking

I have no idea what happened there. I was using my cellphone so that might have something to do with it. Maybe the moderators or @admin can fix the pictures.

That green SUV is a KIA Sorento believe it or not. It looked pretty awesome in person. Not my first choice but depending on the price it could very well be an option.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/kia/2015-kia-sorento-pacwest-adventure-ar171691.html

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

I have no idea what happened there. I was using my cellphone so that might have something to do with it. Maybe the moderators or @admin can fix the pictures.

That green SUV is a KIA Sorento believe it or not. It looked pretty awesome in person. Not my first choice but depending on the price it could very well be an option.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/kia/2015-kia-sorento-pacwest-adventure-ar171691.html

Yea it's pretty legit no doubt.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

MMM, the trucks are nice, but the SUVs??? Not capable at all. A rouge with tracks? They got rid of the X for crying out loud. And the Sorrento is a dam joke. 4 cylinder AWD with attitude, its like offroading is the new Honda Ricer looking at these. Its not even 4WD. Hell even the winch fairlead is angled down. So you are never in alignment when winching and I can honestly see most winching applications being done with all the stress/ contact occurring at the top of the fairlead bending/ rubbing the rope along it. When was the last time you had to winch your self down from something? Usually it is up, or up and out, that thing defies logic, but I can see a trendy driving it. I'm just surprised Jeep did not market it. Sorry Jeep fans, but you have to admit you chuckled a bit.

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

MMM, the trucks are nice, but the SUVs??? Not capable at all. A rouge with tracks? They got rid of the X for crying out loud. And the Sorrento is a dam joke. 4 cylinder AWD with attitude, its like offroading is the new Honda Ricer looking at these. Its not even 4WD. Hell even the winch fairlead is angled down. So you are never in alignment when winching and I can honestly see most winching applications being done with all the stress/ contact occurring at the top of the fairlead bending/ rubbing the rope along it. When was the last time you had to winch your self down from something? Usually it is up, or up and out, that thing defies logic, but I can see a trendy driving it. I'm just surprised Jeep did not market it. Sorry Jeep fans, but you have to admit you chuckled a bit.
Yeah, I was pretty bummed about them getting rid of the X-Terra. Maybe they will be bring Nissan Patrol to the states, and hopefully not under Infinity's lineup. They should just bring back the X-Terra.

That kia looked nice, but it did look like a lot of show and no go. I was really liking it, then I seen the fairlead and thought that was a little odd, but I want really sure because I've never owned a winch, but I do recall seeing similar setups on full Metal off-road bumpers. I moved on when I found out it was a 4 cylinder.

If you read the description it pretty much says this would be targeted to those who like to do light camping and light trail runs in style. Nothing crazy. At least that's what I got from it.

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

I acquired some new Antennas for my truck. Still waiting for the associated bits to install them though. I'm going to go from a pair of Comet SBB-1 Dual Band flexible Whips to three single band antennas. Two Larsen 1/4 Wave 2m Whip antennas (one for APRS, and one for my VHF/UHF) and a PCTEL Maxrad MLPV430 UHF antenna. (Also for the VHF/UHF)

Now the fun comes... Determining which orientation on the roof to install the antennas.

Down the middle:

Or across:

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

From my reading it boasted a 290hp v6 not the wimpy 4 bangar. That being said the 4 bangar in my wife's compass is no joke as far as power goes. It's very impressive for what it is. Haven't had any issues where I needed more power but definetly wanted it lol

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Just a few things. Repaired /replaced a coolant system part. So I hope the leaking is gone on the Van now.
Replaced the hose of the engine breather.

Could be worse.

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

Where'd ya get the cargo net?

It's a raingler net. It's meant to fit an xterra, I had an xterra when I bought it, I pulled it out when I sold the xterra and put it in my jeep. It doesn't fit perfect, but it keeps,the dogs in the back and keeps me from getting beaned by flying gear when things get sporty. Raingler makes a few different nets, might be one that fits the Jeep better than the xterra one.

Reactions: timberwolf_120

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

It's a raingler net. It's meant to fit an xterra, I had an xterra when I bought it, I pulled it out when I sold the xterra and put it in my jeep. It doesn't fit perfect, but it keeps,the dogs in the back and keeps me from getting beaned by flying gear when things get sporty. Raingler makes a few different nets, might be one that fits the Jeep better than the xterra one.
Yep they do make one for the wj at 150 bucks for the base model with no hooks or anything. Not to shabby.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Added a simple platform so I could mount my ArkPak battery box and fridge slide. I just have to get a rollout carpet for the dogs and a DIY cover for the fridge slide when the fridge is not installed. ArkPak also will not be in there 24/7