Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Made my own cabin air filter for my Fzj80 Just cut and install View attachment 4350 View attachment 4349
I could use some filters and clean out that area. When I turn on the vents it smells like a petting zoo. Hard to explain until you smell it. I kind of like it though.

Got some nice Amsteel Blue from West Marine. 100' of 3/8 and spliced it to a new Factor 55 Splicer thimble. Did a locked brummel splice. The Splicer eliminates a traditional hook and thimble and also protects the rope. The eye is big enough to fit either end of a 3/4" shackle too. image.jpeg
Also my Die Hard Platinum 31M stopped holding a charge so I got this X2 Power 27F. image.jpeg image.jpeg Almost the same capacity as the 31M but in my stock size and a 5 year warranty.

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

Going to my land to work on the pond aerator I went to drop my truck into 4H and the lever was all floppy. Seems the linkage fell off and ended up as a motorcycle hazard ! Memorial day weekend, had to climb under it and shift the transfer case by hand. Gonna have to unlock it for work and decide to order it or find it local. What a crappy design...

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
I remember when I first tried to shift my GC into 4L, the shifter moved with no effort. I crawled under and found the linkage off of the shift lever. I hooked it up and thought everything was OK until I tried to climb out of the creek behind my house. Still no front axle. Jacked up one side and spun the wheel to find the front drive shaft turns in 4L with one wheel locked. No front output. Luckily I found a rebuilt 247 on Craigslist for $250. Works fine now, but what pain...

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I could use some filters and clean out that area. When I turn on the vents it smells like a petting zoo. Hard to explain until you smell it. I kind of like it though.

Got some nice Amsteel Blue from West Marine. 100' of 3/8 and spliced it to a new Factor 55 Splicer thimble. Did a locked brummel splice. The Splicer eliminates a traditional hook and thimble and also protects the rope. The eye is big enough to fit either end of a 3/4" shackle too. View attachment 4360
Also my Die Hard Platinum 31M stopped holding a charge so I got this X2 Power 27F. View attachment 4363 View attachment 4362 Almost the same capacity as the 31M but in my stock size and a 5 year warranty.
That smell is more likely your cooling unit. Mine was full of all sorts of funk. I'll post a pic...

Sent from my iPad using Overland Bound Talk