• HTML tutorial

bee_CO

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

First Name
Bee
Last Name
Bee
USPS surprised me with mail delivery today, got the Morimoto LED fog lights. Plug and play direct housing replacement for the factory fog lights. Looking forward to seeing them at night, and spending a few minutes to get them properly aimed.

benmmc

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
McCloskey
Member #

I went on a little getaway with my wife for her birthday. Being Memorial Day, it was crowded everywhere, but we had fun just exploring and doing nothing alone without the kids.

Rode up to Dillard, GA and into NC. Stayed in Dillard Saturday night. Then Sunday we found a couple forest service roads, and climbed a couple ~4k foot mountains (that's tall down here :grin:). Also found one of these maps and bought it. It's really cool! Lots of things I didn't know were there, and more cool places to find.

Also started an IG account for the new truck! :grinning::grinning:

Overlook at Sky Valley

Turned over 1,000 miles when crossing into NC

Driving up Tray Mountain

Last edited:

sapietrzak

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Pietrzak
Replaced two wheel studs on my drive front tire on my WJ. Going to get my tires and rotated, then start working on the roof rack.

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

benmmc

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
McCloskey
Member #

I removed my factory roof rack system. And I hope whatever engineer decided to use nutserts on the roof with the thinnest Steel known to man was beaten with a rubber hose every day for the past 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk
Yeah those things are ridiculous. I remember wrestling with my rear ones. I ended up just leaving them in and sealing them with silicone.

Posted from my phone using the OB app, so typos are likely!
@blue_taco

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

@stoney126 took some damage, those hair pin curves can getcha!!

@Northern_XS Oh your a bum lol. Wheres the stuck in the mud footage.
Good time yesterday. Got the brake issue fixed, tailgate lined up and my radiator was pretty covered with mud in the back.

And yes I gotta invest in a better jack system, it was a bit sketchy. Gotta get me That shovel pic combo too

Reactions: WCO_Ryan

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
After a hard pull two Saturdays ago and bending the stock thimble out of shape, I ordered and installed a Viking thimble to go with my Viking 3/8" line.. Thanks to a guy on youtube and a little finagling my wife, ( an excellent seamstress, knitter etc ), helped me get it done. We used masking tape at first, per directions, but after many attempts to work the line back through itself, we ditched the masking tape and used cellophane box tape. The box tape is much more slippery than masking tape and it pulled right through without issue. The entire 20" length is double cross stitched with 10lb monofilament fishing line, and the whip is of common para-cord.. I'm very confident the line will hold for a 20,000 pull.. The hard pull of two Saturdays ago, stalled the 9500 winch using a pulley, so the Viking line held even at roughly 18,000 lbs. We ended up using two bottle jacks to lift the rear diff out of the rotted center of the stump. DSC00055.jpg DSC00056.jpg

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
After a hard pull two Saturdays ago and bending the stock thimble out of shape, I ordered and installed a Viking thimble to go with my Viking 3/8" line.. Thanks to a guy on youtube and a little finagling my wife, ( an excellent seamstress, knitter etc ), helped me get it done. We used masking tape at first, per directions, but after many attempts to work the line back through itself, we ditched the masking tape and used cellophane box tape. The box tape is much more slippery than masking tape and it pulled right through without issue. The entire 20" length is double cross stitched with 10lb monofilament fishing line, and the whip is of common para-cord.. I'm very confident the line will hold for a 20,000 pull.. The hard pull of two Saturdays ago, stalled the 9500 winch using a pulley, so the Viking line held even at roughly 18,000 lbs. We ended up using two bottle jacks to lift the rear diff out of the rotted center of the stump. View attachment 4502 View attachment 4503
@oldfooladventures, pics or it never happened! [emoji328] [emoji328] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji6]

Only under ideal circumstances will you get the rated line pull of a winch. Regardless, this is a solid upgrade.

But seriously, we need pics! It sounds epic.

Dan

Sent from the future using outdated technology. On Tapatalk.