Shepherdsville, KY, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Nuckolls
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4WHV
Today I spent installing a couple of low budget mods. Nothing super flashy, but some cool looking things nonetheless:

My OB member medallions and some color matched D-Ring isolators!

Attachments

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Reactions: Ubiety

peeeeetey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
OK I am at a stopping point to ask y'all...I have a roar that sounds like tire noise and it persists on dirt. Not good. Tahoe Z71 G80 rear axle. I replaced the front hubs checked both diffs and tfer case all full with appropriate oils. Only thing left in my mind is rear axle bearings which is a nasty job due to the fact that there are keys inside the diff that have to be removed to release the axles. My question is does anybody know if the tool used by Timmy the tool man for Toyota axles tool will work on Chevy axles?

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
OK I am at a stopping point to ask y'all...I have a roar that sounds like tire noise and it persists on dirt. Not good. Tahoe Z71 G80 rear axle. I replaced the front hubs checked both diffs and tfer case all full with appropriate oils. Only thing left in my mind is rear axle bearings which is a nasty job due to the fact that there are keys inside the diff that have to be removed to release the axles. My question is does anybody know if the tool used by Timmy the tool man for Toyota axles tool will work on Chevy axles?
Are you a member of the tahoeyukonforum.com by chance? There is a wealth of knowledge specific to our rigs there. There are even subforums for each generation.

Paula - Canadian Explorer

Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

Got my new Iceco fridge and Jackery battery combo set up. Both were on sale when I bought them. I left the fridge in the rig for about 5 hours and it only used 10% of the battery. Not a scientific test, but I should be fine when parked for the night. Also, got a new Wavian gas can to replace my jerry can that was lost around mile 50 of the mojave road.

View attachment 175554
Hey Mike! What do you have hanging behind the back right side passenger seat? Been looking for something to hold stuff back there. Care to share the details? Thanks.

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
Finished up the Cathedrals Valley Road at Capitol Reef. The rangers said that the road was impassable due due to deep sand and 4WD we’re getting stuck, but I assumed it was people who were unprepared or never off road before. Glad I did it.
Awesome!!

UltimaSanctus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
B
Last Name
W
Member #

Got rid of the dusty, restricting, factory intake tube for one from AirRaid. Probably making 1 extra hp and 1 or 2 more mpg haha. Put an AEM dryflow filter in the stock airbox cause I figured that would be best to keep out dust and dirt. I can now hear the induction noise for a split second before the exhaust overpowers it

PXL_20201104_213518343.jpg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Today's CJ progress. Brake master Cylinder on but not hooked up or bled yet, pedals hung, clutch adjusted, tub wiring harness laid out and partially hooked up, heater/fan box, fresh air vent and drain line in, tail lights installed, e brake pedal hung and hooked up, hi beam switch in and hooked up.

Also ran down to a nearby town and picked up an OEM windshield for the new frame.