Utah Meetups

• HTML tutorial

jblinga

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salt Lake City
Member #

Would love to join, have plans to run skyline this year but I'll be on the White Rim Trail labor day weekend haha

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
Did anyone do the Labor Day run?

UtahOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Heber City, UT
Member #

OK Utah Overlanders, It's been a long time since I've posted and it's been since May that I did anything with a group. A few of us had a great trip in May 2017. You can see some photos and comments by following "Regions", "North America", "United States", and "Rocky Mountain Region", "May 20, 2017 Utah Meetup". It was a great time and a great trail. I was wondering if anyone was interested in starting to plan the Spring Meetup Trip for 2018???? Time to start planning is now.

bivouac.overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Syracuse, UT, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Definitely interested in a group trip. I’ll be in Utah till June then I’m moving out of state. Hopefully the trip is before then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UtahOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Heber City, UT
Member #

There was still some snow at the top of the trail on May 20th. However, this year we just haven't had the snow we had last year. Barring any major snow storms I'm assuming we will be able to do the same trip around the same time or maybe a little earlier this year. It was a good trail (not too rough, but not too nice) and ended at Strawberry Reservoir with a little food. I suggest we start planning the same trip around the same time. Kind of a Spring Overlanding Group Kickoff Trip. That's the first suggestion, welcome to many others. Also, there are some lower trails that will be open way before May. We may also want to start looking at those. Let's just start making some plans.

Reactions: 4x4_gump.619

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
Very interested. I had surgery last week and will recovering till mid-April. Which forum should we use to plan?

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
Great. I am looking forward to some runs. After the upcoming trip let's look at some West Desert runs.

Reactions: Matt Slaymaker

jblinga

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salt Lake City
Member #

I'm headed to San Rafael Swell end of the month, March 30th- April 1st. Probably going to run Devil's Racetrack again that's a cool trail, possibly going up Mexican Mountain Road as well.

Installing some 4.88's and a ARB rear locker need to put them to work haha

Reactions: Ron W.

Matt Slaymaker

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Mesquite, Nevada, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Slaymaker
Member #

I'm headed to San Rafael Swell end of the month, March 30th- April 1st. Probably going to run Devil's Racetrack again that's a cool trail, possibly going up Mexican Mountain Road as well.

Installing some 4.88's and a ARB rear locker need to put them to work haha
I would love to go but ill be in the Caribbean for 7 days ooh la la , but maybe next time!!!

Reactions: Ron W.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
A great resource is Expedition Utah. There are also some publications that cover trails in Utah. I don't have access to the books right now, but the author is Peter Massey.