Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

I ran Naches Pass trail with a few members of NWXC a couple of weeks ago. Located near Mt. Rainier, Naches Pass is an old pioneer wagon road that was built in 1853 (wikipedia). We followed the trail from west to east, which is the easier direction to drive it as it's downhill more often than not. I hope to run this trail again later this year; next time from east to west...should be fun!

Last edited:

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

And I finally received my TRED Pro's and mounting system that I ordered via Kickstarter back in November/December.

Last edited:

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

Ordered and installed SpiderTrax 1.5" wheels spacers. I like the new stance. I also disconnected my front sway bar (it's not removed yet, just disconnected to see how it handles).

Before:

After:

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

Did a little camping and found some snow up Cedar Creek trail (NF-59) with jhberria and another NWXC member last weekend. It was VERY crowded near the top...apparently a popular place for snow and Christmas trees. Oh...and received and installed my @Maxterra rear bumper a few weeks ago!

Reactions: EricB72

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

You may (or may not) have noticed, but in the post above my radiator skid is missing. I took it off to remove my front sway bar and delayed putting on until I changed my oil and installed (2nd attempt because I over-torqued the first one) a No-Spill Systems drain valve. I took care of that today and re-installed the radiator skid.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

DAM sexy truck man, looks like great times. As for the FEMCO drain valve, they are great. My truck is at the dealer getting that same noise looked at that has plagued the truck since new. They are swapping heads under warranty since that is where they think the noise is coming from now. I just hate them tossing parts at the truck but I want it fixed. I gave them the drain hose and they said... ohh that is how you drain the oil with those skids on there. They seemed to like it.

Great looking truck man.

Reactions: Trixter404

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

DAM sexy truck man, looks like great times. As for the FEMCO drain valve, they are great. My truck is at the dealer getting that same noise looked at that has plagued the truck since new. They are swapping heads under warranty since that is where they think the noise is coming from now. I just hate them tossing parts at the truck but I want it fixed. I gave them the drain hose and they said... ohh that is how you drain the oil with those skids on there. They seemed to like it.

Great looking truck man.
Thanks man! Hopefully they get your noise figured out.

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

It looks like it's been a few months since I've updated this thread. I blame the long cold and extremely wet fall/winter/spring that we've had. I did manage to get out with @Jhberria and @Snowtrout for a weekend of camping and exploring in Olympic NP in March. To say the first night was little wet would be understatement.

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

The week before Memorial Day weekend, a couple of NWXC members and I made the 16+ hour drive down to Moab, UT for goneMOAB (gone = gathering of Nissan enthusiasts). It was a fairly long drive but what an amazing place.

On Monday, we went on our first trail run on Secret Spire (photos taken by me and others in the group).

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

On Tuesday, we took a day off from the trails and booked a jet boat ride up the Colorado River. We had a great driver that made certain that we didn't stay too warm or dry. Totally worth it!

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

We saved Thursday to go visit Dead Horse Point State Park and Canyonlands National Park. Of course, it was the one day with overcast and rain. The views were still amazing and I plan to go back when I can spend more time (Shafer Trail, White Rim Road, etc.).